New from NJ!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Re: New from NJ!

Post by FDSpirit »

Thank you, sir :P
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
lionhartzero
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: Porsche Cayman S

Post by lionhartzero »

FDSpirit wrote:It's an ancient bovine secret :lol: . I had the same issue when learning as well. I had to linger at the friction point for a second or 2 and then I could fully release the clutch.
so do you still take as long (meaning a second or two) before u fully dump the clutch, or are you even quicker now? Now that I have gotten pretty good, i'm wondering if what i'm doing now is fine or if i should be trying to speed it up even more lol...
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

It's around the same time. A second or 2 of clutch slippage isn't gonna do any type of major harm, unless you're doing it at some absurd revs. I know where my friction point is now and can find it fairly quickly. When I had started out, it took a little while longer since I was still trying to feel where everything started to come together. I personally think you're doing fine. It also depends on the car. I just know that's how it goes in my car.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.