First stick!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Re: First stick!

Post by ElectroGhandi »

We have a B14 Sentra. Built like a tank!
Dblaze
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: Nissan 200sx

Post by Dblaze »

loll thanks for the support. i drove it for the first time today!. so nerve racking. stalled twice at different red lights and then practiced in my jobs parking lot. I think im starting to get the hang of it now :P

I checked the engine,but it didn't say what it was. Im gonna do a more thorough check tomorrow.

Engine pic-
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

looks like a GA16DE to me :(

here's some pictures of the SR20DE:
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

vedran wrote:looks like a GA16DE to me :(
x2. Sorry dude :oops:
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

Dblaze wrote:loll thanks for the support. i drove it for the first time today!. so nerve racking. stalled twice at different red lights and then practiced in my jobs parking lot. I think im starting to get the hang of it now :P
Driving and learning in Queens might be kind of rough. You know, we're not the most patient drivers in the world. :twisted: But hang in there and it'll all come together quickly.
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
Dblaze
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Dblaze »

Im calling the guy now to get some money back.
buster wrote:Driving and learning in Queens might be kind of rough. You know, we're not the most patient drivers in the world. :twisted: But hang in there and it'll all come together quickly.
I had my hazards on the whole time just to make sure no one follows me, so there wasn't that much pressure. Is it true that,when i roll back a little, If the guy is too close and i bump him, am I at fault?
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Dblaze wrote:Im calling the guy now to get some money back.
I had my hazards on the whole time just to make sure no one follows me, so there wasn't that much pressure. Is it true that,when i roll back a little, If the guy is too close and i bump him, am I at fault?
Yes, you better get some money back. Scamming f**k lied to you. If you don't then I guess you know where he lives?

Yea, you're at fault.
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

ColJessip wrote:
Yes, you better get some money back. Scamming f**k lied to you. If you don't then I guess you know where he lives?

Yea, you're at fault.
It could also be just as likely that the previous owner was clueless and thought he had an SE-R too, because someone put the badge on there. But still, you need to get some of your moolah back.
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
Dblaze
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Dblaze »

I know where he lives, calling in the morning because hes not picking up. Its not that big of a deal but still, I'm should get like 250 back or something I guess.

Every time someone was behind me at a light, they were practically in my trunk. Same fault blame?
keravnosdrakien
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2001 NB Mazda Miata

Post by keravnosdrakien »

buster wrote:Driving and learning in Queens might be kind of rough. You know, we're not the most patient drivers in the world. :twisted: But hang in there and it'll all come together quickly.

200SX Worth
http://goo.gl/CwI2

200SX SE-R Worth
http://goo.gl/R4lC

You should get at least 300 back.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Was the SR engine used in the G20? My friend has a 94 and they look the same from those photos. It sucks that happened and hopefully everything works out for you.
Dblaze wrote:loll thanks for the support. i drove it for the first time today!. so nerve racking. stalled twice at different red lights and then practiced in my jobs parking lot. I think im starting to get the hang of it now :P
Nice. I stalled like 5 times at one light the day I got my car :lol: . You'll get all that out of your system soon enough.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

When you stop behind someone, you're supposed to leave quite a bit of space. Most people do not leave as much as they're supposed to. I don't know if it's merely an advisory thing or if it's actual law. Either way, I think you're still at fault if you roll back into someone.

Now that we've made you nervous, let me say, don't be nervous. Just enjoy.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

I think the distance thing may just be a general rule of thumb when stationary in case there is a minor bump so you don't hit the driver in front, or at least reduce the chances of it. I do know that tailgating is illegal here though.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
keravnosdrakien
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2001 NB Mazda Miata

Post by keravnosdrakien »

FDSpirit wrote:Was the SR engine used in the G20? My friend has a 94 and they look the same from those photos. It sucks that happened and hopefully everything works out for you.
Yes, that's why it was called the G20 LOL.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

Durrr! :lol: . Wow. I need to post when I'm actually fully awake. I went to work and knew that it was the same engine. Oh well.