New to StandardShift.com

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Re: New to StandardShift.com

Post by jomotopia »

Swimmerboy wrote:
jomotopia wrote:welcome to the site :)

nice car. is your redline shift boot black with red stitching? if so we have the exact same shift boot lol. my wife also got me the handbrake boot and the center console cover, but she got the wrong size for the center console :(
Ha yes it is, i guess we have the same shift boot then lol. How do you like the center console cover? I was thinking about buying one.
i'm pretty sure i would like it if it fit my console. it would be a nice visual touch and would probably add a little padding for resting my elbow on. though i wonder if it would move around. i suppose i'll never know lol. the website didn't say anything about having 2 different sizes for it, and she placed the order then got an email saying that they needed to know whether or not i had the center armrest extension because you need a bigger one if you do. i have the extension, but she thought that since my car was "all stock" that meant i didn't have anything extra, she didn't know it was a stock option and she didn't want to ruin the surprise by asking me. she was more disappointed than i was. at least she remembered to get the shift boot shorter than stock to accommodate my short shifter. :)
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Post by Swimmerboy »

jomotopia wrote:
Swimmerboy wrote:
jomotopia wrote:welcome to the site :)

nice car. is your redline shift boot black with red stitching? if so we have the exact same shift boot lol. my wife also got me the handbrake boot and the center console cover, but she got the wrong size for the center console :(
Ha yes it is, i guess we have the same shift boot then lol. How do you like the center console cover? I was thinking about buying one.
i'm pretty sure i would like it if it fit my console. it would be a nice visual touch and would probably add a little padding for resting my elbow on. though i wonder if it would move around. i suppose i'll never know lol. the website didn't say anything about having 2 different sizes for it, and she placed the order then got an email saying that they needed to know whether or not i had the center armrest extension because you need a bigger one if you do. i have the extension, but she thought that since my car was "all stock" that meant i didn't have anything extra, she didn't know it was a stock option and she didn't want to ruin the surprise by asking me. she was more disappointed than i was. at least she remembered to get the shift boot shorter than stock to accommodate my short shifter. :)
Thats unfortunate that its the wrong size, at least she tried, and she got the short shifter boot lol!
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 5 Speed
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

Swimmerboy wrote:and she got the short shifter boot lol!
I gave a chick the short shifter boot once, and she ain't been back since...
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Hi new man.
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

ElectroGhandi wrote:Hi new man.
^
This would be our resident presumed LSD/Ecstacy/Weed/Crack addict.
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Swimmerboy »

1974Alfa5spd wrote:
ElectroGhandi wrote:Hi new man.
^
This would be our resident presumed LSD/Ecstacy/Weed/Crack addict.
I have noticed lol
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Swimmerboy »

alrighty then lol
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Welcome! I am the resident Viggen driver.

Not a fan of Tibs at all really, but I definitely respect what youre doing with it. And that, I think, is the important part.
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

Welcome to Standardshift, where we talk about shifting once in a while! :lol:

Like your car. Nice color, nice bolstering on teh seats. Curious what kind of turbo kit you're putting on it. I know very little about turbos (I know what they look like) so I'm always curious about installation, the plumbing, intercoolers, alla that stuff. The door crease and the shape of the window/rear quarter window together both look very good. I don't like spoilers on many cars, but it works on the Tib.

Electro said something esoteric, Watkins doesn't like your car, Mr. T did his push-the-chin dance...all you need now is for Leedeth to offer you 4K for your ride and you've had the full SS experience on your first day! 8)

I suppose I am the resident defendant of the Mustang's honor. It's not an easy job, but someone's got to wear 285s all the way around. (LIES! I have pissy 235 All Seasons that chirp at the slightest provocation. But they burn just fine.)

Welcome again.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Welcome!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

eggwich delfiero wrote:I don't like spoilers on many cars, but it works on the Tib.
I'm pretty sure that's stock (factory option, not base model). I remember it from when I was looking at the Tib...I should have traded in my Grand Am for one.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Swimmerboy »

watkins wrote:Welcome! I am the resident Viggen driver.

Not a fan of Tibs at all really, but I definitely respect what youre doing with it. And that, I think, is the important part.
Thanks man, i'm not a fan of Saab's at all haha but i have to admit yours looks nice from what i can see.
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Swimmerboy »

eggwich delfiero wrote:Welcome to Standardshift, where we talk about shifting once in a while! :lol:

Like your car. Nice color, nice bolstering on teh seats. Curious what kind of turbo kit you're putting on it. I know very little about turbos (I know what they look like) so I'm always curious about installation, the plumbing, intercoolers, alla that stuff. The door crease and the shape of the window/rear quarter window together both look very good. I don't like spoilers on many cars, but it works on the Tib.

Electro said something esoteric, Watkins doesn't like your car, Mr. T did his push-the-chin dance...all you need now is for Leedeth to offer you 4K for your ride and you've had the full SS experience on your first day! 8)

I suppose I am the resident defendant of the Mustang's honor. It's not an easy job, but someone's got to wear 285s all the way around. (LIES! I have pissy 235 All Seasons that chirp at the slightest provocation. But they burn just fine.)

Welcome again.
The turbo is a T4 Turbonetics turbo. If you have any more questions feel free to ask away lol. ha and i already met Leedeth on NewTiburon.com haha I guess i'll be repping the Tiburon on here lol and 235's :( lol when i had my rims that's what i ran lol you gotta get some wide bad boys on there!! lol Thanks for the warm welcome!
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Swimmerboy »

Warner wrote:Welcome!
Thank you!
Swimmerboy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Swimmerboy »

theholycow wrote:
eggwich delfiero wrote:I don't like spoilers on many cars, but it works on the Tib.
I'm pretty sure that's stock (factory option, not base model). I remember it from when I was looking at the Tib...I should have traded in my Grand Am for one.
Its the stock spoiler off of the SE model in 03 and the GT and SE models from 04-08, i bought it off a member on my Tiburon site, because i previously had the crappy low spoiler.