hey everybody

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
pizzawednesday
Junior Standardshifter

Re: hey everybody

Post by pizzawednesday »

haha well thank you for the welcomes. my upshifts are already feeling better now that I'm not scared to be a little slower with the clutch. I'll have to try just jumping to the right gear on my corners tomorrow. I'll see what I can do about the pictures tomorrow too. thanks again,
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:
watkins wrote:Except Im more capable of man-growth, which is a sign of beardliness, and Im obviously sex furrier.
I did this:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pizzawednesday
Junior Standardshifter

Post by pizzawednesday »

alright got a few pictures. forgot I could use the ones online from the dealer I bought from. I'm not much of a photographer anyway.

RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

She looks very clean and in great condition; congrats!!
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

HOLY SHIT

its standard!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

:lol:
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

no, really?

welcome, i'm the resident female (on of them...)
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

*steals your leather seats*
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Welcome. Your car looks like it's in great shape and the interior looks really nice.

I've had enough of this "I'm the resident..." crap! :lol:
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

That looks sexy. I drove a Passat like your body style, except it was the 1.8T. It was nice. Congrats on the purchase, and again, welcome to SS!
pizzawednesday
Junior Standardshifter

Post by pizzawednesday »

Thanks. Yea there was another Passat, same year and everything, for sale on the end of my road I thought about buying that was the four cylinder turbo. It was less money but it was also an auto and I really wanted to have a little fun learning standard so I decided against it.
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Welcome to SS, I am the resident Porkchop.
Bemvindo a SS, eu sou o residente Porkchop.

I am the original "resident" welcomer of SS. The rest are fakes.
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

Wow! That's a clean car. Aside from the (light) wear on the leather, it looks showroom new!
As for what gear to be in while cornering, just give it some time. Soon the man(or woman) to machine bond will be complete and every time you go for a corner you won't even think to change down, you'll just do it.
Anyway, welcome to the marvelous world of the manual transmission! (Oh, and standardshift too. :lol: )
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Last I checked, SS is what makes the world of the manual transmission marvelous.
Roymond
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Roymond »

Wow your Jetta is so much better than the one I drove on Saturday... hah