New Member from Chi-town

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Re: New Member from Chi-town

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

AHTOXA wrote:Welcome, fellow Chicagoan!

The best way to drive in the city of Chicago is to not drive during rush hour. And watch those red light cameras. Unfortunately many of them seem to trigger arguably earlier than they should. Which part of the city do you live in?
Yep. Driving in Chicago isn't that bad as long as you avoid the 4-7 rush hours. After 11, the streets are nearly empty, I got to my house from my friend's in record time. And yes, watch for the red light cameras. They are a bitch.
damnitdave
Junior Standardshifter

Post by damnitdave »

I live near the intersection of Belmont and Laramie. Yeah the one red light camera i hate is the on on cicero and foster, especially if your heading south on cicero due to going under a bridge and its a slight turn and don't pick up the light fast enough. i work 3-11 so i miss the traffic, its just when i go out on the weekend or goto indiana to visit my parents, lol even on the weekends the loop area gets backed up.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Ah, I drive though your area at least once or twice a week!

I live a little further north, near Devon and California. Keep an eye out for a gray lowered Rabbit with tinted windows on Cicero. I'm often there during the day or later at night coming back from a favorite place not too far from there.

P.S. Speaking of Cicero ave., you must have notice the shitty road section on southbound Cicero, just south of Lawrence (between Foster and Lawrence near the bridge there). The two lanes are so badly potholed that most people will simply cross the double-yellow and drive in the opposite lanes when there's no traffic. I hate that section.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Cool, I drive near there (mostly Edgebrook) quite often. I live near Sheridan and Touhy. And I know what Tony's (AHTOXA) talking about. I havent been over there in maybe 3 weeks, so I don't know how bad the potholes have gotten, but they were pretty bad before. For me, keep an eye out for the green Corolla with a gaping hole in the passenger side of the front bumper, for now :x :lol:
damnitdave
Junior Standardshifter

Post by damnitdave »

all right i'll keep an eye out and wave if we are ever next to each other. Yeah that intersection reminds me of the pound the gopher game at chucky cheese.... also the bridge on cicero by montrose their use to be moon craters there...
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Welcome, David. This is a nice, friendly place, and I hope you enjoy it here. Post any questions, we'll be happy to answer.
Have fun driving stick! It's freedom.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200