Hello to all!

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
.fortune
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: None atm :(

Re: Hello to all!

Post by .fortune »

Draklen wrote:Wha? :lol:
That made me want to cry. In regards to those sites, I've been looking at the first, I'll make sure to check out the others. Cheers.
CAUTION: long-time lurker, just looking to learn.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

I see nothing wrong with buying an STI as a beginner. 300 Crank HP is really not uncontrollable and the STI has a LOT of drive train loss, all in all it makes less HP than the newer mustangs and runs considerably slower. The 04 runs only 13.8 seconds on the 1/4 and thats WITH AWD, which means even with all 4 tires planted, and minimal wheel spin that thing is only pulling of near 14 seconds on the 1/4. not including the launch, just on the street, excluding the launch the sti probably feels like a mid 14 second car. it's also a million times easier to control than a mustang..I mention mustang because their pretty popular cars with in the same power range. Also again, it's AWD, you've gotta be a piss poor driver to not be able to really control the STI. Now, to get to the fruit of the STI.. when you get bored of it stock, you start to mod it, which is when those cars start to shine. I have a feeling they are really easy cars to make power with because all the STIs i see at the track are running like 12s or something
I say go for it, those STIs are fun little sedans. I wouldn't mind having one.
Last edited by JackBauer on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.fortune
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: None atm :(

Post by .fortune »

Haha, that was something like my thinking at the beginning of the thread, but practicality and resources (read: money) are also deciding factors. I'm actually checking out the lone RS within a 50 miles radius of my hometown, and am liking what I see.
CAUTION: long-time lurker, just looking to learn.