New From Nor Cal

Just sign up? Feel free to tell your fellow Standardshifters about yourself, your car or anything else.
onemph05
Junior Standardshifter

New From Nor Cal

Post by onemph05 »

I've been reading this site for a while now and a long time manual driver. Cars with 4spd, 5spd and now currently 6spd. Below is an old pic, but one of the better ones of my car. The car exterior wise only has a shorty antenna and is modified for performance, which don't tell people about. I'm a senior member of BAC aka Bay Area Corolla and post often on 9thgencorolla.com

Added: (I rarely take pics since she looks stock)
Another old pic of her 1st time on the rollers getting set up.
Last edited by onemph05 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Re: New From Nor Cal

Post by hockeystyx16 »

looks nice whats done to it.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Hyundai GenCoupe

Post by Draklen »

Nice. Welcome to the site.
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

so whatcha got lurking under that hood?
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter

Post by hockeystyx16 »

i figure if hes at a shop with lotuses in it hes got more than a CAI and a fart can
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

VTECaddict wrote:so whatcha got lurking under that hood?
2ZZ-GE - 180 HP (maybe more, if he's dyno tuning it, he's probably got some mods.), 8000 RPM redline, When lift comes on all hell breaks loose (apparently, it's more aggressive than VTEC)
K23Turbo
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: AP2, FA5, RDX

Post by K23Turbo »

Nice XRS.
onemph05
Junior Standardshifter

Post by onemph05 »

Thanks for the welcome everyone. With all do respect to all of you. I prefer not to mention her modifications, not even members of BAC know either. Other I/E 2zz owners I've encounter think, am hiding a bottle, not true. She's n/a.

Again, thanks to all the welcomes and great to see some die hard manual owners. The U.S. unlike the Philippines have narrow choices in cars with manuals. Its like a real life nightmare and trends probably won't change with future generations of drivers...
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter

Post by hockeystyx16 »

on any other forum you would get something like 'pics or bullsh1t' lol. what kind of numbers you putting down? stock engine with a intake and exhaust, thats 10 extra hp over stock tops.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
onemph05
Junior Standardshifter

Post by onemph05 »

hockeystyx16 wrote:on any other forum you would get something like 'pics or bullsh1t' lol. what kind of numbers you putting down? stock engine with a intake and exhaust, thats 10 extra hp over stock tops.
2zz I/E have put down 176 to 165 on the same dyno you see in the pic. Members of other clubs, that are friends of mine. They've put up the friendly BS flag as well before and were puzzled after a friendly race. One of the reasons I don't mention any engine mods. To many people have come up to me to prove something, but am to old for that stuff. The reason for modification is just to improve slightly, for passing and getting on the highway...
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Welcome to the forums. Clean car.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

welcome :)
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

PICS OR BS!!

:lol:

Nah, welcome. :D
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Welcome. 8)

It's so refreshing to hear people discussing, well kinda, a Corolla without mentioning the terms anodyne, Novocain, bread-box, snoresville or any other term discussing how "people who like cars/driving wouldn't be caught dead in one." I frequent various sites where people are "enthusiasts" and the only cars worthy of appreciation are, in no particular order, a V8, RWD, Manual (well that one's a given over here :)), 500+hp, and apparently a wagon, or some extremely rare exotic that normal people can't afford, oh and politics get brought up all the time. Sometimes it's retch-worthy. I only frequent them because it's nice to break up the days at work. EDIT: I only go out to these sites on my brakes and lunches.

Long live the inexpensive cars that can be beaten to snot without wincing. My brother has a 94 Corolla where maintenance is kind of, well a lot, lacking, with 220k and it still runs with little complaint. It has issues that you would expect from a 17 year old car, but is not the worse for wear.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

tankinbeans wrote:I frequent various sites where people are "enthusiasts" and the only cars worthy of appreciation are, in no particular order, a V8, RWD, Manual (well that one's a given over here :)), 500+hp, and apparently a wagon, or some extremely rare exotic that normal people can't afford, oh and politics get brought up all the time. Sometimes it's retch-worthy. I only frequent them because it's nice to break up the days at work. EDIT: I only go out to these sites on my brakes and lunches.
You've found another site where the population mostly prefers manuals? Even at the sportiest of forums I've visited the best is about 20% manual fanatics, 5% in-between, and 75% slushbox-or-forget-it (including a significant portion who used to drive manual).
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD