Driving Ambitions!

j_ortiz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '05 Toyota ECHO, '97 Terc

Post by j_ortiz »

ReckLess wrote:breaking all law... well just the traffic law.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
and get away
Can you get away with traffic law in The Philippines?? I wonder what is the driving style of Filipinos... :roll:
[A] passenger asked the driver, "Why do you have to keep moving that stick?" - HM :)
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

j_ortiz wrote:
ReckLess wrote:breaking all law... well just the traffic law.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
and get away
Can you get away with traffic law in The Philippines?? I wonder what is the driving style of Filipinos... :roll:
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a response from him :lol: :P
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Yeah, Reckless posted that over a year ago.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

Holy cow! This came back from the dead!

Well, I recently achieved one of my lifelong driving ambitions, which was to compete in the World Challenge GT racing series.

Now I'm shooting for competing for a full season in 2007.

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
http://www.teamSMR.com
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

GarySheehan wrote:Holy cow! This came back from the dead!

Well, I recently achieved one of my lifelong driving ambitions, which was to compete in the World Challenge GT racing series.

Now I'm shooting for competing for a full season in 2007.

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
http://www.teamSMR.com
God luck with that Gary :)
julian
Senior Standardshifter

Post by julian »

You won't believe this...
Today I was driving my usual route after school, when a car (big'O BMW, a lotta horses I guess, Hertz rental sticker on it lol), about to enter a major road...suddenly the driver came to a stop, switched his emergency lights on, got out of the car and came toward my vehicle, smiling, he obviously was Japanese btw. He then asked me where the next Autobahn is, so I asked him where he wants to go (as in getting on the right Autobahn), he told me [japanese accent]"Just the autobahn, rented car until tommorow, heard we can drive as fast as we want to, have BMW"...so I told em there's a speed limit of 75mph for about 5 miles, and after that he can go punish that highway...when he saw the large queue of vehicles he caused behind me, he looked at the other drivers, smiled, and held his BMW car keys up :shock: :)
Couldn't stop laughing...
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

LMAO.... I woulda done the same thing LOL
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

LOL, if i was taking a trip to Germany and going to rent a car, I would print out plenty of maps with Autobahns highlighted before even leaving :D
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

I've heard that even though you can go as fast as you want on some stretches of Autobahn, there are sometimes too much traffic to do so. Is that true?
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

TheGame wrote:One of my driving Ambition is:

To Drive a 'Vette on the Autobhan in the future & fly by those 'benz, 'porches, bmw etc.... hahahaha

WOw, your so FUNNY!!! hahahahahaa, you crack me up.

what is it with (some) americans thinking that the Corvette is the best car in the world? I mean dont get me wrong, the covette is sweet. But come on, open your eyes ppl!
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

That's a great story, Julian. Hope he found the highway and topped out that BMW. I would have died laughing; the Japanese are hilarious when it comes to those kinds of things. Glad you helped him!
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
cls12vg30
Senior Standardshifter

Post by cls12vg30 »

I've always had one big driving ambition...

Unfortunately they don't run the Cannonball anymore. 8)

Seriously though I do want to do a coast-to-coast drive, actually I'd want to do a few, with different routes, maybe one where I go down to Wilmington to the east end of I-40, then turn around and drive to the west end in Barstow, CA, just so I could say I drove the entire length of 40. Then maybe another where I avoid the Interstate system altogether. I'd have to budget plenty of time for that one, though.

Right now my main ambition is to get my Nissan back on the road and get back to the Tail of the Dragon as soon as I can.
Christopher
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 1.4T 6MT
1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6 5MT
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

^^ you should map out the old Route 66 and go that way, that would be an awesome trip :D
julian
Senior Standardshifter

Post by julian »

six wrote:I've heard that even though you can go as fast as you want on some stretches of Autobahn, there are sometimes too much traffic to do so. Is that true?
It's true, most of the time there's no speed limit, but traffic sometimes prevents you from going that fast...
They "recommend" 130 kp/h, my top speed was about 160, haven't been on the autobahn more than once or maybe twice.
However, you will see some of the top notch German cars doing at least 120 mph (200 kph) for sure on almost every stretch of autobahn...the Americans seem to like it, too, we have a lot of troops here.
Autobahn driving is not that easy, German law requires new applicants for a driver's license to take at least 4 lessons driving on the Autobahn. Imagine you in a small car, a lotta traffic, trucks, very high speeds...I bet we're the only country in the world with highways that have no speed limit...gas prices of 1,40 Euros/liter don't keep drivers from cruisin, anyway :o
If visiting Germany, and if you want to get on the autobahn for having fun, do it on a sunday or on a holiday...trucks aren't allowed to use the highways on those days.
I like the German highway patrol, their vehicles aren't the regular BMW or audi like the rest of the police, but sometimes porsche...you know...racing cars...always reminds me of the "Need for Speed" game series...
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

so someone who lives in Germany has to go through a whole lot to be allowed to drive on the autobahns but they let tourists get rental cars and go on it with no problem?? that seems odd to me