Winnipeg

Peterbilt
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Peterbilt »

My fiancee and I are talking about moving up north either to Washington or Oregon because she too hates Sacramento. Once I get my batchelor degree, I will aply to the Univ of Washington (Seattle) or the Oregon Strate Univ (Corvallis). I just need 2 more years. The idea of getting into the Davis Graduate school - what my parents want me to do - makes me feel sick in my stomach :?
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

Yeah, my parents want me to go up to sac state to get my R.N but i want to live down here and go to cuesta here, They keep telling me that i should live up there where it is cheaper so i can foucs on school instead of money, i want to be out on my own, but i afraid i will be living with my parents instead.
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter

Post by jcprov21 »

I used to live in penryn before i moved down to antelope then i moved here. I kinda liked it up there though
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter

Post by jcprov21 »

Peterbilt wrote:My fiancee and I are talking about moving up north either to Washington or Oregon because she too hates Sacramento. Once I get my batchelor degree, I will aply to the Univ of Washington (Seattle) or the Oregon Strate Univ (Corvallis). I just need 2 more years. The idea of getting into the Davis Graduate school - what my parents want me to do - makes me feel sick in my stomach :?
I went up to Washington in '00 to visit family, my parents want to retire there on the puget sound area around Olimpya!
Peterbilt
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Peterbilt »

The North West is the perfect place to live because it's got everything: beautiful nature, Pacific Ocean, nice people, etc. Last time we went to Corvallis, we immediately noticed that people were very relaxed and seemed very happy. Damn it, in Sacramento everyone is in hurry, everyone is running somewhere, doing something... What the hell? I don't care about money as much as to spend my life like that.
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter

Post by jcprov21 »

Yeah, to much go-go, i noticed that this week here in sac, and roseville, just too much traffic, impaitence, and irratition. Even the central coast is bad in some spots, pismo beach, san luis, paso robles. All bad driving spots.

That is one thing i like about washington, just a really calm place to live, no traffic unless you go into the Seattle-Tacoma area.

By the way, UC DAVIS?

What are you majoring in?
Peterbilt
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Peterbilt »

jcprov21 wrote:By the way, UC DAVIS?
What are you majoring in?
To hell UC Davis! :) I am studying at Sac State now, and then I will go somewhere else except for UC Davis. My major is Electrical Engineering, but lately I tend more to Civil Engineering (Transportation). My parents and my fiancee are not happy with my decision to change the major, so... we will see.
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter

Post by jcprov21 »

I wanted to do that for a while but i think i am going to stick with nursing, maybe if i like that enough i will go to med school.
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

question for Cruel Night: wtf is in Banff. and why is it nicer than vancouver,i talk to people all over the world and they keep telling me that vancouver is the prettiest city they've every been to. no bs.
Cruel Night
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Subaru Forester

Post by Cruel Night »

It's not so much what's in banff, but the combination of nature with the town itself. Vancouver to me is too crowded, to many people in one area. it didn't have that same charm to me that the smaller towns ie: banff had for me... granted it's all a matter of opinion though.
2005 Saturn Ion 3
~Resident Drag Queen~