RAIN AND SNOW

Autocross, Road Racing, Rallycross, Rally...

how many hour(s) do you drive?

less than 1 hour
25%
1 hour
25%
2 hours
25%
3 hours
No votes
whole day
17%
less than whole day but more than 3 hours
8%

Total votes: 12

ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

RAIN AND SNOW

Post by ReckLess »

it is so slippery when i drift when it's raining and especially in the snow. got tips?
:twisted:
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Driving gently, smoothly, and at reasonable speeds for the conditions is the only way to make the effective traction better...
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

ah ok but i want to go faster...
Akuma
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Akuma »

Just remember, your not gonna go as fast as you do in dry weather. You can't stop as fast, and you lose traction 20x faster. There aren't really any racing tips during bad weather....there's not really anything you can do to stop faster, but as for corners, you can drift em. Especially better in a FF car, just use the ebrake and change the angle of your car to make it head in the direction you want. and if it's a FF car your driving, stay on the gas. I wouldn't recommend drifting in the rain with a FR/MR setup cause you'll just slide off the road. It takes a lot of practice to maintain control in bad weather with a rear wheel drive setup.
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

And keep in mind that even if u can go faster but there will be many cars slow u down as well. That is 1 reason (not the main reason though) I give up on drag racing on the road :lol:!
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

i don't drag race just drive really really fast
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

I know. But I was saying even if u try to drive fast in any weather condition, there will always be some other cars to slow u down (not that they want to block u but they just drive within the speed limit).

Now if u meant u want to drive really fast after the midnight that is another story :lol:. But I ain't that good to drive really fast in snow or rain either.................I only know two steady hands is a must. There will be too many things unexpected in those kinds of weather conditions, nothing will be guaranteed to work properly all the time compare to driving fast in a sunny day, including the traction control---------and this is the biggest problem.

Finally if I can experiment how to control my car well in the rain or snow in a big empty parking lots I will let u know :wink:.
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

thanks... i can't see in the dark.. the tint is too dark... well about driving fast and other cars stopping me, i won't let them...(overtake)
coolguy
Master Standardshifter

Post by coolguy »

U are welcome 8).
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

8)
190E_passin_on_left
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 190E_passin_on_left »

Akuma wrote:Just remember, your not gonna go as fast as you do in dry weather. You can't stop as fast, and you lose traction 20x faster. There aren't really any racing tips during bad weather....there's not really anything you can do to stop faster, but as for corners, you can drift em. Especially better in a FF car, just use the ebrake and change the angle of your car to make it head in the direction you want. and if it's a FF car your driving, stay on the gas. I wouldn't recommend drifting in the rain with a FR/MR setup cause you'll just slide off the road. It takes a lot of practice to maintain control in bad weather with a rear wheel drive setup.
SO TRUE! it took me forever just to get used to my mercedes in the rain. i lost control of the back end SOOOOO many times before i finnaly got a feel for what was gonna happen, how to correct without over correcting, and not hitting anything that could damage my car. by the time i got my 533i i was so good at it, it only took a few weeks to have it down to an art in both cars

if you are gonna drift in a FR or MR setup, practice in large open parking lots with no other vehicles, church parking lots are good for that because they are rarely full except on sundays. i would also reccomend you get good tires that will allow you to go fast in dry weather, and give exceptional grip in the rain. the michelin pilots and Toyo proxes TR1 are good tires. one more thing, when you are in the rain, before you go to make a hard brake, pulse the brakes a little bit to try n dry off the rotors some. and good luck drifting
Zoom-Zoom

1991 MB 190E 2.3L
1984 BMW 533i
1986 Porsche 944T
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Holy necroed thread! I think its a new record!
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

3 years! Wow! I can't even be annoyed! :lol:
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

lol. this thread revival stuff has got to stop...
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Easy solution: Shove them all into a locked archives section. I see some other forums do it.