Whose the greatest Forumula 1 driver, ever?

Autocross, Road Racing, Rallycross, Rally...
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

Paolo300zx wrote:Wanna hear somthing sad? Fernando Alonso is officialy the most successful driver in the field. :?
You mean his winning average, right? What's he got, like 12 wins in 36 races?
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

eaglecatcher wrote:chuck norris used to live about 2 blocks from my house. Then he moved because he had mold in his house. not sure where he lives now, but I'm pretty sure its somewhere in the area.
really...

interesting

i'd move if there was mold in my house too
Logan
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Logan »

eaglecatcher wrote:chuck norris used to live about 2 blocks from my house. Then he moved because he had mold in his house. not sure where he lives now, but I'm pretty sure its somewhere in the area.
Check under your bed.
Prodigal Son
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Jetta, 2004 Miata

Post by Prodigal Son »

Paolo300zx wrote:you cant deny the numbers
Who's-the-greatest discussions always involve an implicit debate about how you define greatness. Schumacher certainly has impressive numbers, though you could make a case for a number of other drivers by deciding that one set of numbers was more meaningful than another.

For me, however, character is as much a part of greatness as raw performance. If Schumacher were a sportsman, he would have one less world championship to his credit and Damon Hill would have one more, but Schumacher would then have a better claim to greatness in my book.
Just some guy on the Internet. Heed with care.
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

scion_xA_gf wrote:
Sypher wrote:
subzero wrote:Image
HAHAHAHA! If Chuck Norris was a F1 driver, he'd can outrun Schumey in a flintstone-mobile :lol:
o thats chuck norris?
You lost talking privelages for 1, 2 months.
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
violinandbass87

TomCivic wrote:
scion_xA_gf wrote:
Sypher wrote: HAHAHAHA! If Chuck Norris was a F1 driver, he'd can outrun Schumey in a flintstone-mobile :lol:
o thats chuck norris?
You lost talking privelages for 1, 2 months.
blah blah blah blah

can't stop a girl from talking! tis impossible :)

:lol:
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Hatchman wrote:
Paolo300zx wrote:Wanna hear somthing sad? Fernando Alonso is officialy the most successful driver in the field. :?

unfortunatley no, its not wining average... he has the most race wins out of any one in the field (15 i belive) its a sad day for motorsport.
Hatchman
Master Standardshifter

Post by Hatchman »

Paolo300zx wrote:
Hatchman wrote:

unfortunatley no, its not wining average... he has the most race wins out of any one in the field (15 i belive) its a sad day for motorsport.
But over the last two seasons he has just barely out-won the Schu, no? If Alonso has 15 the past two seasons, Schu must have about 12 or 13.

It's interesting to see the new wave of young drivers in F1. A new order as it were.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

too easy.

:wink: j/p
FREE ROMAN!
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

Prodigal Son wrote:
Paolo300zx wrote:you cant deny the numbers
Who's-the-greatest discussions always involve an implicit debate about how you define greatness. Schumacher certainly has impressive numbers, though you could make a case for a number of other drivers by deciding that one set of numbers was more meaningful than another.

For me, however, character is as much a part of greatness as raw performance. If Schumacher were a sportsman, he would have one less world championship to his credit and Damon Hill would have one more, but Schumacher would then have a better claim to greatness in my book.

great point sir.
FREE ROMAN!
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

You can bet that when he moved out, it was DEAD mold, and he just didn't want to clean up the mess...

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
http://www.garysheehan.com
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

subzero wrote:

too easy.

"hey look, a roll of duck tape!"

lol. jk
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
violinandbass87

subzero wrote:

too easy.

ok ok ok...you can't stop me from talking....
shift_joy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by shift_joy »

Brakefade
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Brakefade »

Senna wasn't exactly a "sportsman" either. I don't see anyone giving him crap. MSC is the greatest of all time. 7 World Championships, still has the greatest driving skills in the world, and probably of all time.

F1 has not always been about fair racing. Back in the Fangio days, drivers use to swap cars with the #2 guy when the #1 guy crashed.

P.S. I hope Massa beats Kimi. I don't hate him, but some times he can be such a duche bag.
Only girly men drag, throw in some curves and I'm in.