*NYC Members!*

Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Will do Rob.

NjSi - not sure if it would be easier to meet in the city or on LI. I'm not terribly familiar with the area - what works for y'all?
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

would much rather meet in li so we can do some real driving. can't see us letting each other drive each other's cars in manhattan :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
DrNick
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Ford Fusion SEL V6

Post by DrNick »

I say we try going down to the South Shore onto Ocean Parkway (the south end of the Meadowbrook, near Jones Beach.) It's long and open with some twisting spots, and we can always get on the Wantagh/Meadowbrook Parkways for some variety. IIRC, parking is free off-season, so we'll even have a place to post up.
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

DrNick - could you post up a map? I'd like to see the location, but am having a little trouble with finding it.
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

I say we speed through brooklyn :P

South end of meadowbrook will be pretty "country-like" with actual open roads and such, sounds good to me.

I'll have a bunch of different finals around that time so I'll have to figure out exactly when my finals are.

edit: if you google maps for "Meadowbrook parkway westbury ny" you'll get a decent map of it. Theres even some street views and stuff :P
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

what ever works for you guys. as long as its less than 3 hours for me to get there. and the weather isn't too bad
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

Turns out all of my finals fall between the 17th and the 21st :P

So uh... try not to schedule anything between these times?

12/17 11AM-1:30PM
12/17 2PM-4:30PM
12/20 8AM-9:30AM
12/19 5PM-7:30

The 17th is out for me unless its after 5ish.
The 18th is good all day
The 20th is good any time after 10AM
Prefer not the 19th but I can come if its early :P
DrNick
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Ford Fusion SEL V6

Post by DrNick »

Okay, here's a map, and a key:

Red - A loop I like to take. I generally go counterclockwise, starting from the northwest (where the Northern State Parkway divides into the Meadowbrook Parkway).

Green - Ocean Drive/Ocean Parkway. Relatively straight, relatively not patrolled by cops, but they might have stepped things up a bit.

Yellow - Robert Moses Causeway. A big drag strip for Suffolk County folk. Relatively uninhabited in the winter. :twisted:
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

Thanks for the map, DrNick - that's a great place to do it. I'm thinking the run along the beach would be a great way to cruise.

So far, it's looking like December 20th in the afternoon would be a good time to get together. Anyone have any issues with that? We could do lunch, then go for a drive and check out each other's cars.
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

thursday the 20th looks good, at least as of now :) :lol:
i have a friend who lives near there in bellmore but he doesn't respect the stick so i may just see if i can visit him after our party rather than inviting him to the meet :wink:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by NjSi »

anybody want to meet up and cruise to the meet? if there are more people from jersey ?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

NjSi wrote:anybody want to meet up and cruise to the meet? if there are more people from jersey ?
sounds like a nice idea but i will probably opt to come down through the bronx straight into the island to avoid traffic on the si expressway, belt etc... though on second thought, that might not be so bad... where would you wanna meet up? i'd be coming from upstate ny probably via thruway to 17 to 80 to turnpike
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

I say you guys are better off heading north of Northern Blvd (or Rte 25A) if you want some better driving routes. From Farmingdale, just head up north on 110 until you pass 25A, then take it from there. Lots of nice twisties, incredible houses, great drive...

Of course, if you do go down by Jones Beach, you can see who can hit 140mph first... :twisted:

I'd love to join you guys, but employment has its drawbacks. :(
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
Johnf514

Post by Johnf514 »

buster wrote:I'd love to join you guys, but employment has its drawbacks. :(
Any chance you can take an afternoon of vacation for us? :D
2007 Mazda3
2006 Ninja 636
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter

Post by NjSi »

potownrob wrote:
NjSi wrote:anybody want to meet up and cruise to the meet? if there are more people from jersey ?
sounds like a nice idea but i will probably opt to come down through the bronx straight into the island to avoid traffic on the si expressway, belt etc... though on second thought, that might not be so bad... where would you wanna meet up? i'd be coming from upstate ny probably via thruway to 17 to 80 to turnpike

Why would you go through that hassle? If your already coming form Upstate NY it is so much easier to come through the bronx, honestly i have no idea how im getting there, but my garmin will.

PM me if you want to meet up somewhere but i think we are taking different ways?