*NYC Members!*

NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

I'll be there :)

Though I think I'm the closest to the meeting spot so how's about you guys post here before you leave and say how long it's going to take to get there :P
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

aren't we meeting at noon at hooters? that asked, it'll take me probably 2.5 hours to get there from potown.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

...unless this snow keeps up :?
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

...then it'll take 3 :)
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

so it's nonchalant (what's your name btw, mike?), john, maybe njsi (don't know his name either) and me :)
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

haha i wonder where you got mike from :P

I'm Kevin
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

hey kevin, i'm heading out now. i probably won't be to hooters until closer to 12:30 but it's hard to tell sometimes. if njsi asks, i'm not going through jersey to get to li. i just have to stop off to wash off my car (still has snow on it!) on the way down. i'll pm you my number should you have any problems.
-rob
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

god damn thats a long ride :P
It'll take me less than 30 mins to get there as I'm already in long island for school :)
NonChalant
Master Standardshifter

Post by NonChalant »

just got done with my final. im exhausted. i'm gonna take a nap for an hour or so and then get ready.

drnick? njsi? you guys still on?

edit: talked to john, it's 11:33 and i'm leaving :P
DrNick
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Ford Fusion SEL V6

Post by DrNick »

Hope you guys had fun, finals are DESTROYING me.

Make with the pictures already! :D
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Hey all - great meet! I won't make this too long, but we (potownrob, NonChalant, and I) met up at the Hooters off of Meadowbrook Parkway in Long Island around 12:30pm. Checked out each other's cars, got some food and beers, and chatted about all sorts of stuff. Good times!

We then cruised down to Jones Beach (south end of LI) and drove along the waterfront for a bit, then pulled over into a parking lot. Took a walk on the beach, found out how freezing North Atlantic water is in the winter (duh!), and took the cars to another, much larger, parking lot. There, we proceeded to drive each other's cars! :D

Rob has the 1999 (?) Maxima, and Kevin has the 2002 Mustang GT. The Maxima is a great cruising car - comfy, lots of room, medium-weight clutch. With a customized head unit and sub, Rob gets to put a little bump into his daily grind. I liked the clutch weight a lot, and wish the Mazda3 had a similar feel.

The Mustang GT was raw fun - as always. With performance clutch and the traction nanny off, we got to tear up a little pavement with 300 HP under the hood. I took it down the 1/3 mile parking lot and back a few times - makes me wish I had a few more cylinders some times. :wink:

I'll let the other guys talk about my car, and Rob - get those pictures up! Great meet guys - definitely puts faith in the New England meet. :)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

potownrob wrote: don't forget to bring your thermal underwear, longjohns, winter coat, gloves, scarf, ice pick and fishing spear :lol:
LAWL. :lol:
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

haha yeah if you had gone in the water like you were thinking of doing and, say, a big wind came along, you would've been wishing you had brought all that stuff :D
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

btw pics are on the way. i just got back from nyc. after the meet i headed over to staten island to my grandma's and also went to dinner with one of my friends from college's dad and then slept over grandma's then stayed there today until my friend came home from albany and then we went for pizza and then i came straight up from there to work here in rhinebeck (i work midnight-8am on the weekends). anyway, i should be able to get these pics uploaded from the 2 cameras and then onto photobucket then onto the site within a couple of hours, if all goes well.

it was great seeing john in person and meeting nonchalant kevin, chatting over hooters and tearing it up in their cars. i hope john can make it to all the meets (me too of course) since, as suspected, he is a great party starter (and show stopper, if that's the right word) :D .
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

my maxima's a 98 btw