Newbi kid

omar.z
Junior Standardshifter

Newbi kid

Post by omar.z »

im omar..hi umm i want to learn to drive a standard car but the problem is my parent dont have time. they work long hours. and we dont own a standard car.

But the point is i was woundering if anyone knew of any places here in houston, that offer driving classes that teach students to drive a manual car :?:

And i go to school so it kinda has to be between 3:30 and 6:00. i have looked myself but i cant find anything i need help :?
jcprov21
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RA

Post by jcprov21 »

First of all, here in america we are lazy, and their is no real market for classes teaching manual driving. You will probably have no luck at all finding such a thing. My driving school thought i was crazy for even mentioning it. So, find a friend, or relitive that has a manual car that they might feel confortable with you learning on.
omar.z
Junior Standardshifter

Post by omar.z »

But i dont know anyone that does drive a standard car. beside my parents but they drive a manual now. AHHH im trapt
s4rge
Senior Standardshifter

Post by s4rge »

omar.z wrote:But i dont know anyone that does drive a standard car. beside my parents but they drive a manual now. AHHH im trapt
=) you dont need your parents.. really no1 can teach you besides yourself. All you need is the basics .. which you can find on here, than take the car out @ night and learn it :) I mean its gonna be scary on the 1st night.. your going to think, "what happens if i get stuck somewhere? how am i goign to get home."

neways that wont happen prob. b/c most parents wont let there kids take there cars @ night =( and your name is most likly not on the car insurance papers .. so im sorry but i have no idea what to tell you =(
1995 Black Mustang GT Vert- Current Mustang
1997 Red Mustang GT Vert- Gone but not forgotten. Red Car in avatar
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

Try to bug one of your friends that have a manual transmission car for lessons. I'm sure someone can help you...
omar.z
Junior Standardshifter

Post by omar.z »

Wow i didnt really think anyone would answer my post im glad that ya'll did. ill try to find a friend. i dont think any of my friends drive a standard but ill look. thank you all. Add me im also new to the site.