300zx

Car parts or cars up for sale
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

who cares, just replace the vacuum lines anyway. Won't do any harm, and your car will run better. It irritates the hell out of me when my car isn't running flawlessly. like seriously, i can't eat or sleep. one time, i spent 24 hours, literally, no sleep. all nigh. fixing my car because i couldn't figure out why it was idling 50 rpms higher. i found out after a whole 24 hours it was because the chip manufacturer raised the idle 50 rpms higher with there chips that are programmed to work with high degree cams. my old chip manufacturer didn't do that. I was so angry i started laughing
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Ok, good point. And i proably would change them except i dont know much about engines (im just a wheel man :lol: ) so i have no clue how to switch them.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

you'd be surprised how simple this stuff is once you start reading the manual. alot of this stuff is just unplugging something from one part and putting that same exact part but new back in its place. I know people who pay $80 dollars for there o2 sensors, than pay a technician $50 dollars to do it, when all they had to do was unplug one sensor and shove the new one right back in. If you can replace a light bulb, you can do alot of simple repairs on your car. I think your communuty college should offer classes that show you how to do basic stuff. There should be a vacuum line diagram under your hood.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

I had heard that popping muffler sound before from other cars quite often, so I thought it was possible that it was just normal with aftermarket exhaust.

Last week I rode in my friend's newly built and tuned Civic Si and it made the same sound, which relieved me.

So am I right? Does anyone know whether or not that sound means something bad?
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

JackBauer wrote:you'd be surprised how simple this stuff is once you start reading the manual. alot of this stuff is just unplugging something from one part and putting that same exact part but new back in its place. I know people who pay $80 dollars for there o2 sensors, than pay a technician $50 dollars to do it, when all they had to do was unplug one sensor and shove the new one right back in. If you can replace a light bulb, you can do alot of simple repairs on your car. I think your communuty college should offer classes that show you how to do basic stuff. There should be a vacuum line diagram under your hood.
Yeah, I almost bought a 300ZX (not anymore), and all it needed was a Knock sensor, and ac compressor. i researched it, and all it took to replace the knock sensor, was find the bad one, pull it out, stick the other one in, and plug the harness back up. Simple as that. he ac compressor was also easy to install, it just took work to get into tight spots.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

idk, but IMHO i never look into used modified cars unless the mods are exhaust.
FREE ROMAN!