I asked this in a earlier post...

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!

Who's it gonna be?

Mom
14%
Dad
86%

Total votes: 7

btsom
Junior Standardshifter

Post by btsom »

Is your credibility with your mom so bad that she won't listen to you about riding the clutch? Maybe have her confirm your info with that mechanic if she is hesitant to believe you. Sure sounds as though dad is bad news.
ReckLess
Master Standardshifter

re:

Post by ReckLess »

remember what i posted? who bust it fixes it
scionkid
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 04 xB

Post by scionkid »

Reckless, let me hook you up with the American legal system.

If you toss your key to another person and that person happened to get into the accident, then the driver at the time, of course, would be financially responsible. But financial responsibility also applies to the owner. You can loss every material thing you have simply by letting someone drive your car. Especially if you are negligent enough to lend your car to a person who is reckless enough to warp the brake rotors of a Lincoln.
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

On a side note, warping the rotors on a heavy car like a Lincoln can't be too hard.

Also, it matters how old the person letting the parents drive is. If they're a minor, or if the title's still officially under the parents' names, then I'm guessing the financial responsiblity issues would be moot from a legal perspective. Now, getting on Mom and Dad to pay what they screwed up is another story... I mean, they only shell out $250,000 on average to raise a kid until the age of 18... so it's kinda hard to tell them to pay for damages....