S2000 or 350Z?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!

Which one?

Honda S2000
59%
Nissan 350Z
41%

Total votes: 46

dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

Johnf514 wrote:
NonChalant wrote:The 350Z by far. I hate the look of the s2000, it looks like a 16 year old girl should be driving it.
And here I thought a 43 year old with a mid-life crisis should be driving the Z. :lol:
You're thinking of the Camry Solara. :lol:
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

That's a 43 year old woman. :wink: The Z is the male equivalent. :P
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

haha that is all soo true.

I dont like either of these cars, and i doubt i would ever even consider buying one

The 350z was voted lemon of the year the year it came out, and the S2K is a typical Honda. the only thing it truly has going for it IMO is that it has amazing engineering. thats great. they did evey much (relativly) with very little. so what. the fact is a lawn mower has more torque :lol: who gives a flying fvck about the 9000rpm. Its just a number. its the same thing with the RX8. which i have driven. NO BALLS!

In turn, the 350z is fat, ugly, and has lost the "true drivers car" feel that the old 240's and 280's had. Nissan went back to their dreaded "Z31" fase with this puppy.
G4M3JUNKY
Senior Standardshifter

Post by G4M3JUNKY »

i have never and i mean NEVER seen a girl drive an s2000. i have tho seen many girls drive 350z's and talking on the phone while driving them so thats obvious they bought the automatic version. s2000's only come in stick so thats a plus cause only real enthusiasts drive them just like the sti, si, type s, and the other cars that only come in stick. i think it will just come down to when its time that i have a job and can afford a nice car, which one looks better/keeps the same body because i have loved both cars when they first came out.
2002 Honda Civic LX Coupe
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

I've seen some females driving S2000s, but they are usually older women (30s or 40s).
hockeystyx16 wrote:they got ABS placebo all up their ass making them feel safe and warm
TeggerR98
Junior Standardshifter

Post by TeggerR98 »

Paolo300zx wrote:
TeggerR98 wrote:As an S2k owner, and having driven a 350Z several times.... I have to go with the S2k. I'll just rattle of some big differences to me that made me choose the S2k..

S2000

Pros:

WEIGHT:The number one thing is weight.... The 350Z is almost 500lbs heavier!!!! That's alot of weight, so the S2k feels much more nimble and the cornering speeds are incredible if put in the hands of a good driver.

VTEC: Yeh this car has a four-banger under the hood but it pushes close to 240hp and redlines at 9000 in the pre '04 models and at 8500 in the newer ones, and the engine really comes alive above 5500 rpms. Also the car comes with a LSD (350Z doesn't) and has TCS and ASM (350Z doesn't).

CHASSIS: Some may disagree, but even though the S2k is a roadster I feel the chassis is much more ridgid than the 350Z. The steering also feels much more direct than the 350Z

Cons

PRICE: The S2k is pretty expensive compared to the 350Z. The base price for the S2k is right at $34,000 ( just a little over $27,000 for the Z) and if leased the total cost of ownership for the S2k is $42,000!!!

INTERIOR: This is the only huge fault for the S2k, the interior is crap... in both comfort and quality. The seats sit very low you have to strain your neck just to see over the driver's side door when sitting in it. The dash is made from a pretty cheap leather and will fade very easily if not properly taken care of. Although the seats have held up so far and are in pretty good shape. With this being a roadster you would expect there being some cabin noise, but not this much. At over 75 it can sound like you have a window all the way down sometimes if the wind is blowing a little.

These are really my only complaints about the car itself...

350Z

Pros:

TORQUE- This thing is a lot of fun if you are in a safe place to play around; it's very easy to poweslide around corners. Driving this thing after driving the S2k really feels different because you aren't used to having this much power in the lower rpms.

INTERIOR- This car has a very warm and roomy feeling to it, not to mention it comes with a verrrry good stereo system that can really pump out the bass! The car has an optional Navi system and it works really well. The seats are much more comfortable and just has a higher quality feel to the whole thing.

COUPE- This is one thing I wish the S2k had. Don't get me wrong I love roadsters but if the S2k was offered in a coupe it would be the perfect car to me.

BRAKES- This car has an optional brembo package, and I must say these work really well. I've done a few laps in this car and the brakes delt with a great amount of abuse and there was practically no brakefade at all...

Cons:

WEIGHT- As I said before this is one heavy mofo. You can really tell when you get behind the wheel and try to take a corner for the first time. Suprisingly though, as heavy as it is and even with the big engine in it gets the same mpg as the S2k...

STEERING & CLUTCH- This is what I hated about the Z, the steering feels very detached and is quite heavy to me. The clutch is also pretty heavy and can be quite difficult to launch at first as it has a pretty grippy clutch.

Overall, the S2000 is more of a drivers car and if you want a roadster that can be your everyday driver this is the car. The 350Z is IMO a japanese muscle car. It's heavy, has a lot of horsepower under the hood, with a big V8 in the front, RWD, and no driver aids. The interior feels more of a luxury car and not a car that you think you could drive quick around a track...

You're complaining because the 350z has a high performance clutch? im not personally attacking you. but just because the clutch may be difficult for you to operate doesnt mean it is bad. Ive had no problems driving the G35 wich has the exact same transmition as the 350z right down to the shift knob. I dont think that is a con about the car. it is a pro. performance clutches belong on high performance cars. of course they are going to be harder to drive than the average car. thats why you buy them.
I wasn't complaining about the high performance clutch, that's always to be expected when driving a high performance sports car. BUT I have driven a pretty good share of sports cars with high performance clutches (as well as full on racing clutches too..) but MOST of them still were pretty light and not as much of a pain in the A$$ when driving at lower speeds. To each his own but I personally do not like the clutch set-up of the 350Z
1998 Acura Integra Type R
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Acura NSX
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

350z. Better looking, better sounding, etc., etc.

The Z car is tied with the Sti as my second choice car...
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

Mustang GT40 wrote:350z. Better looking, better sounding, etc., etc.

better looking? tank-like, fat - the lights are all triangular and pretty like flower petals - really aggressive

better sounding? i thought it sounded great when i first heard it but now when i see a thousand of them flying by with their "distinct" racing sound, they really bug me. the only nissan i would consider buying is the maxima

the 350z is japan's mustang IMO and i'm done with mustangs

the s2000 has its flaws too (torque, tiny, etc) but at least when you drive it you feel like you're driving a sports car and not floating in a boat

that's just my 2 cents, didn't mean to offend you at all
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

dklkse wrote:I've seen some females driving S2000s, but they are usually older women (30s or 40s).
O Rly? :D Hot :D
dklkse
Master Standardshifter

Post by dklkse »

Sypher wrote:
dklkse wrote:I've seen some females driving S2000s, but they are usually older women (30s or 40s).
O Rly? :D Hot :D
They were pretending the shifter was my junk. :twisted:

Nah, seriously, that's sweet. Don't see anyone like that driving S2000s around here. :D
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

Z>STi

just a little bit though

:twisted:
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

eaglecatcher wrote:

Z>STi

just a little bit though

:twisted:[/quote

disagree... even though this thread isnt about Z vs STi, heres why anyways...
STi is awd, faster accelerating, better at corners, and looks better.

now back to why S2k is better than Z33 :lol:
screenname
Master Standardshifter

Post by screenname »

The Z33 is a soggy excuse of a sports car - all it has going for it is a good engine. The one major flaw that I see with it is that people drive them to look cool, not because they want a sports car. That's a major knock against anything claiming to be a "sports car". You don't see poseurs in S2000s.
marcman1987
Senior Standardshifter

Post by marcman1987 »

One of my friends Mom's has an S2000. She is hot too, mos def a MILF. But she just sold it for a Mercedes B-Class. She wanted something more practical... So much for that drive she promised me... :cry:
We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace!... Think Globally, Act Locally!
G4M3JUNKY
Senior Standardshifter

Post by G4M3JUNKY »

marcman1987 wrote:One of my friends Mom's has an S2000. She is hot too, mos def a MILF. But she just sold it for a Mercedes B-Class. She wanted something more practical... So much for that drive she promised me... :cry:
maybe after the ride in her car she could have given you another ride...OH SNAPS!!!
2002 Honda Civic LX Coupe