Car Color

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!

Which would be your favorite car color on a daily driver?

White
14%
Black
16%
Red
11%
Blue
19%
Yellow
3%
Green
8%
Silver
11%
Gray
19%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 37

jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i've learned to love white. :D little scratches and dings hardly show up at all. ;)
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Tossup between white and black. I chose white.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
tobigooddog

Post by tobigooddog »

but don't you want to see scratches so you can touch them up before they turn orange. then you'd see them on a white car. maybe for those who live in warm temps yearlong it's not such an issue.
JHamilton
Master Standardshifter

Post by JHamilton »

Black!
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6MT
2011 Ram 1500 CC Laramie 4x4
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

tobigooddog wrote:but don't you want to see scratches so you can touch them up before they turn orange. then you'd see them on a white car. maybe for those who live in warm temps yearlong it's not such an issue.
yeah rust isn't really an issue here. and i'm talking about small scratches anyway. if you've gotta worry about that you can see the scratches if you look for them, but they are more difficult to spot. the benefit of a white car in a colder climate is camo! :lol:
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

Rallye Red shows no scratches unless your 5 feet away from the car. It stays fairly clean too.
NoWarning
Senior Standardshifter

Post by NoWarning »

White.

With black rims.

Oh what now?
3 weeks of MT

...Si
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

The only car I would get in blue, would be a subie STi, with the gold rims. Thats such a great combination, and it just fits the car so well. '

No offense jomo, the white is awesome as well, I would take either color, just blue with the gold rims is my thing
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Daywalker
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Daywalker »

since I work at a carwash, I feel I'm well equiped to make a decision 8)

white-hides scratches and dings well, but if not cleaned regularly can be very hard to get white again, and it soons becomes dirty again. Shows bugs on the front horribly too. never really clean

black-looks sexcellent at first, but shows every little scratch, and just seems to age baddly.

blue is alright unless it is very dark then it has blacks problem

what you want is a color that isn't too light or too dark, grey fits pretty good.
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

Daywalker wrote: white-hides scratches and dings well, but if not cleaned regularly can be very hard to get white again, and it soons becomes dirty again. Shows bugs on the front horribly too. never really clean
amen!
i drive a white car at the moment...
its more like gray now...w/ dust and bugs and crap and such...we don't usually wash it...
Coupe31705
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Coupe31705 »

I'd like to have a red or yellow or metallic orange or black car for a second "performance" car to drive once in awhile...but def. blue for the daily.
Wanna give me insurance $$$?
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Post by SteveUK »

Hmmmm, I appear to be the only one who has chosen yellow. Well you're all mad and wrong, yellow is the best!!!!
kvanderlaag
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kvanderlaag »

BMW has that stupid dark grey, almost a gunmetal grey, except it's nice and shiny. I am in love with that finish.

Failing that, there's a few cars I like in white!
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

I used to love silver, but it's getting WAY too overused nowadays. Then I became a blue fan, but now that I have 2 navy blue cars sitting int eh driveway, I'm getting tired of that too :lol: A lighter shade of blue (like Honda's Fiji Blue, and M3 blue are nice), however, I chose white becasue it is really growing on me
stick5
Senior Standardshifter

Post by stick5 »

Either white or silver. I think if you get a bug deflector or put a nose bra on the car, it wouldn't matter if it was white. Silver is probably the best since it is in the middle as far as a shade goes. It also looks good tinted or with a carbon fiber hood if it's a sporty car. I really like the look of white now, though. It particularly looks good at night.

I like black, too, but like some people say, when it gets dirty, it doesn't look too good anymore and it's harder to keep clean and hide defects.

I temporarily own a white car, a '92 model, and it has rust and some dirt. But, it looks good for an old car. I've owned two burgundy-coloured cars and probably dislike that colour more than most. I'd rather have a bright red car than that colour. It's just dull.