Where can you work on your car?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Where can you work on your car?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

bk7794 wrote:I was in a parking lot and someone was doing a fuel pump. He had the tank dropped and all that. Did not envy him whatsoever. I would fear that once you start the job, they'd tell you to get lost halfway through.
Still, it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

At that point, you beg forgiveness and tell them you are working as fast as you can to get done, but that the vehicle can't be moved until you finish the job.

Speaking of Chutzpah,
I heard that the example of chutzpah is that when you have been convicted of murdering BOTH of your parents and they hold a hearing on your sentencing, you throw yourself upon the mercy of the court because, after all, you are an orphan!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote: Still, it's easier to get Chinese than Pizza on Christmas.

At that point, you beg for Chinese food and tell them you will eat it as fast as you can to get done, but that the vehicle can't be moved until you finish the food.

Speaking of Chutzpah,
I heard that the example of chutzpah is that when you have been convicted of murdering BOTH of your children and they hold a hearing on your sentencing, you throw yourself upon the mercy of the court because, after all, you are a virgin!!
you've got one hell of a sick imagination :shock: :?
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote: Still, it's easier to get Chinese than Pizza on Christmas.

At that point, you beg for Chinese food and tell them you will eat it as fast as you can to get done, but that the vehicle can't be moved until you finish the food.

Speaking of Chutzpah,
I heard that the example of chutzpah is that when you have been convicted of murdering BOTH of your children and they hold a hearing on your sentencing, you throw yourself upon the mercy of the court because, after all, you are a virgin!!
you've got one hell of a sick imagination :shock: :?
Touchy Monsewer!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"