Big center consoles

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Big center consoles

Post by Rope-Pusher »

I sometimes look upon the members here as being similar to some of the characters in the book "Fahrenheit 451" - the ones who lived out in the woods and memorized books so the gubmint cudden take them a whey.

Keepin the Amish shifting alive is about the same as keeping books alive, right?

...and then one of the members, without the threat of a gun being held to their head, decides to shun this religion and go to the slushbox side of the force. It's like won of the book memorizers sayin' "This memorizin' is hard. I don't even like this book that munch. I can always just look it up on the internets"
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Or maybe they already have the book memorized...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

potownrob wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:
potownrob wrote:eye am disappoint :cry:
...becauae he's not a traitorous heathen? :mrgreen: :lol: :P :twisted:
He's making it sound like he didn't even want to look at the VWs.
Actually I left with a smile on my face. If I had the option to drive one and had the option to finance one I totally would've. Based upon the fist 20 seconds in the car.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

That's just dirty, fisting in a car that's not yours.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

"Oh, My Center Console is TOO BIG!"

Bunch whiners and complainers.
We had center consoles that covered the engines...and we like it. It was good enough for us. Sure, our leg muscles used to cook on long trips, but we never went hungry!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

"OH, my foot hits the center console!"

Buncha whiners and complainers.
Some folks had center consoles so big that they couldn't reach the steering wheel. We called it "Rack and Opinion Steering", because anyone with a big rack had an opinion on it......, BUT WE LIKED IT! It was good enough for us. Sure, it made driving more difficult, but the steering wheel never got dusty!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

^Those dual center consoles are great. I'd be totally okay with those being in my way.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

theholycow wrote:^Those dual center consoles are great. I'd be totally okay with those being in my way.
Driver focused with air bags to boot
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote:
potownrob wrote:
tankinbeans wrote: ...becauae he's not a traitorous heathen? :mrgreen: :lol: :P :twisted:
He's making it sound like he didn't even want to look at the VWs.
Actually I left with a smile on my face. If I had the option to drive one and had the option to finance one I totally would've. Based upon the fist 20 seconds in the car.
what do you mean no option to finance?? or do you mean payments would be too high?? i take it they didn't have any manual golfs in stock?? time to find another VW dealer. may da schwartz bee whiff ewe!!
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

I'm not permanently employed yet. I would want to try to for the 0%.

I'm thinking of an Accord Sport or Coupe hahaha Or a Mazda6. I wonder how long this will last.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote:I'm not permanently employed yet. I would want to try to for the 0%.

I'm thinking of an Accord Sport or Coupe hahaha Or a Mazda6. I wonder how long this will last.
you have to have stellar credit (including a credit history) to get the 0%. I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to get the 0%, as long as you have good enough credit to get 5% or lower. You could/should apply to a bank or credit union to see what they can give you. The main worry will/should be how much they're willing to finance. Alternately, you could lease. Hondas will be ideal for leasing, due in large part to how well they maintain value. I recommend trying for the Accord V6 coupe over the Sport. The Sport, to me at least, felt too similar to your Civic. The 6-6 coupe is much more powerful and luxurious. The Mazda 6 I've never driven, but it sounds to be not as powerful or quick as the Accord Sport. The gearing is more spread out and the engine is less peaky. If they had a Mazda 6 with a V6 or turbo 4, that would be awesome. What about the Mazda 3??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osUEUEQaPzU

edit: i shouldn't push you to go for a new/newer car; if you can't afford a new/newer car, or are not sure of having a steady income (who is these days?? :shock: ), then maybe you should consider an older car. G37?? MS6?? :twisted:

:twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted:
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

I've thought about new cars for a while now. Would probably wait until a job comes in. Hopefully the next few months. I do like the looks of the sedan.

I did find a nice Craigslist ad for a sedan 6 speed. I think it was an 07 Accord.

I really shouldn't bash Infinitis too much. I hate Nissan but I never really gave them an even chance.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

bk7794 wrote:I've thought about new cars for a while now. Would probably wait until a job comes in. Hopefully the next few months. I do like the looks of the sedan.

I did find a nice Craigslist ad for a sedan 6 speed. I think it was an 07 Accord.

I really shouldn't bash Infinitis too much. I hate Nissan but I never really gave them an even chance.
you found a 4 cylinder 6 speed sedan, or a unicorn 6-6 sedan?? If the latter, it won't be around for long...I too like the looks of the 9th gen sedan over the coupe overall. I think the coupe looked better on 7th and 8th gens though. That all goes out the window when talking practicality though. :evil:

Edit: just realized 6 speed only came on the V6 manual. Time to make arrangements - you just found a unicorn :o
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

So many boring, non-colors. Boo
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:So many boring, non-colors. Boo
you talking about the silver pics I sent?? I chose silver since BK seems to like silver. Plus it looks professional and stately.