Do you have a car that you can shift while resting your arm on your armrest?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Do you have a car that you can shift while resting your arm on your armrest?

Post by tankinbeans »

watkins wrote:Until I broke it (oops) the armrest in my Viggen was more in the way than comfortable for resting on while shifting. It was doable, but the shifts aren't exactly short, so 2,4,R were all difficult.
I tend to keep my arm high and tight, pinched between my side and the armrest; feels better that way especially since I usually skip at least one gear and doing the loop is awkward without hovering.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Do you have a car that you can shift while resting your arm on your armrest?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

[quote="theholycowImage
Are column shifters really THAT fur boatin'?[/quote]
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

I can shift with my arm on the arm rest but I made a point of not doing that. If I want to be lazy about shifting I could always get an automatic. :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

InlinePaul wrote:I can shift with my arm on the arm rest but I made a point of not doing that. If I want to be lazy about shifting I could always get an automatic. :lol:
...or pay someone to shift for you!

.......or pay someone to drive for you!

..............might as well pay someone to breathe for you!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Rope-Pusher wrote:
InlinePaul wrote:I can shift with my arm on the arm rest but I made a point of not doing that. If I want to be lazy about shifting I could always get an automatic. :lol:
...or pay someone to shift for you!

.......or pay someone to drive for you!

..............might as well pay someone to breathe for you!
Yeah. Ha ha.

But if I have to travel in a vehicle that has an automatic, unless I am in a hurry or the driver is hazardous (most automatic drivers are, eh), then I may as well let someone else drive it.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...