Eaton Fuller 10-Speed

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Puchrider
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: BMW e30, e36. LincolnMK8

Eaton Fuller 10-Speed

Post by Puchrider »

I'm in truck driving class, and I must say that these transmissions take quite a beating. Yesterday was my second day driving, I'm getting smoother at shifting and synchronizing. I'm curious to see what the gears look like as far as wear; they seem to be bullet-proof judging by what they go through.
"If you're out of gear, you're out of control" - Johnny Mock

Banana Tranny Swap: https://sites.google.com/site/bananalincolnmark8/home
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: Eaton Fuller 10-Speed

Post by Squint »

I would be surprised if they were not designed with taking a beating in mind. Especially as an un-synchronized transmission, even with someone who is good at driving them, it's going to take a beating... And, you know, the dramatic increase in force involved as it's a large truck rather than a 1.5 ton car.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Eaton Fuller 10-Speed

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:
I would be surprised if they were not designed with taking a beating in mind. Especially as a Makuuchi Sumo match, where these guys are the best at belly-butting, it's going to take a beating... And, you know, the dramatic increase in force involved as it's Sumo Wrestler rather than a 98 Lb weakling.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"