2014 focus Trans fluid

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
dakta1420
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2014 ford focus should 5s

2014 focus Trans fluid

Post by dakta1420 »

My focus calls for dtc fluid. Does anyone know of any other fluid I can use to improve smoothness even more. I've noticed a minor amount of increased effort when it's cold outside until the fluid gets moving a little bit. Nothing major but experimenting with high quality fluid sounds fun. All advice is greatly appreciated!!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Re: 2014 focus Trans fluid

Post by watkins »

dakta1420 wrote:I've noticed a minor amount of increased effort when it's cold outside
Cant really change basic laws of physics.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote:
dakta1420 wrote:I've noticed a minor amount of increased effort when it's cold outside
Nor Ohm's Law:
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

watkins wrote:
I agree with Watkins. You just need to let the transmission warm up a bit and keep on keeping on. My 13 Focus was the same way, as was the Kia.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

dakta1420 wrote:My focus calls for dtc fluid. Does anyone know of any other fluid I can use to improve smoothness even more. I've noticed a minor amount of increased effort when it's cold outside until the fluid gets moving a little bit. Nothing major but experimenting with high quality fluid sounds fun. All advice is greatly appreciated!!
I don't know what dtc fluld is, but there should be tranny fluids that meet the Focus' spec yet have better cold properties--synthetic in particular. I might talk to the guys at RedlineOil.com and see what they recommend. If you call them, they will let you talk to the chemist who blends the oils. Amsoil probably makes a pretty good tranny fluid too.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...