2015 Honda Fit announced

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: 2015 Honda Fit announced

Post by tankinbeans »

AHTOXA wrote:That's because of the corporate front end, mostly.

I never understood the whole concept of a corporate front end accross the lined up. Never liked it.
That was my reaction. Sometimes corporate faces work, other times not.

It works for Aston Martin, for example. Not so much here.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

tankinbeans wrote:It works for Aston Martin, for example. Not so much here.
It worked so well for Aston that Ford followed suit!

2013 Honda Civic Si
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

tankinbeans wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:That's because of the corporate front end, mostly.

I never understood the whole concept of a corporate front end accross the lined up. Never liked it.
That was my reaction. Sometimes corporate faces work, other times not.

It works for Aston Martin, for example. Not so much here.
Everyone is doing it these days. It works for most companies, It makes any car instantly recognizable as part of a particular brand. You can't mistake an Audi or a BMW for anything else. And that's the goal, I think. Lexus now has their "spindle" grille and even Mazda has been going with a "corporate" nose with their most recent vehicles....so much so that we already know what the front of the next generation MX-5 (Miata) will look like.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I know that brand recognition was what they were striving for with the corporate face, but I've always hated it. It started when I was heavily into Nissan trucks and I remember when the Sentras were starting to look like mini Maximas from the front and I thought it was dumb.

I still like my cars to not have a corporate grill, which is one of the reasons I like the Sonic.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

AHTOXA wrote:I know that brand recognition was what they were striving for with the corporate face, but I've always hated it. It started when I was heavily into Nissan trucks and I remember when the Sentras were starting to look like mini Maximas from the front and I thought it was dumb.

I still like my cars to not have a corporate grill, which is one of the reasons I like the Sonic.
No Jane Fonda headband for you then?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote: Image
looks like an EV to me :?
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Post by Perpetuus »

Still think I like the previous generation one better, especially the Fit RS in Japan

GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

As an update, Honda Motor Company's President believes the 3rd-generation Fit is Honda's "most important model." He predicts it will sell 1.6 million units by 2016, and that it will eventually overtake the Civic to become Honda's best-selling model. Currently, it sits at #4 behind the Civic, CR-V, and Accord. See here and here.
2013 Honda Civic Si
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

came in here planning to say "oh meh;"
leaving with jaw agape :o
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Also allegedly their new corporate front end is being unveiled on this car aswell. Also I guess a sedan model will be announced. Very cool and might be worth a look to me. Even if its made in Mexico.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

bk7794 wrote:Also allegedly their new corporate front end is being unveiled on this car aswell. Also I guess a sedan model will be announced. Very cool and might be worth a look to me. Even if its made in Mexico.
Hecho en Mexico doesn't bother me. Two of Ford's volume sellers are built there, as well as Dodge's and Chevy's full size trucks. A bunch of Cadillacs are also built there.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:Hecho en Mexico doesn't bother me....A bunch of Cadillacs are also built there.
ain't got no problem wit dem mexican caddies 8)
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

tankinbeans wrote:
bk7794 wrote:Also allegedly their new corporate front end is being unveiled on this car aswell. Also I guess a sedan model will be announced. Very cool and might be worth a look to me. Even if its made in Mexico.
Hecho en Mexico doesn't bother me. Two of Ford's volume sellers are built there, as well as Dodge's and Chevy's full size trucks. A bunch of Cadillacs are also built there.
Bothers me when they still charge the same price. I'm sure quality isn't different. But why the hell isn't it cheaper? Who's getting the profit?

I did consider the cheapest Fiesta, even though it was made in Mexico.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
rei
Junior Standardshifter

Post by rei »

Currently the Canadian-market fits are made in China, so Mexico would be a step up. (there have been some rust problems with Chinese Fits)

My initial impressions are it looks too 'Ford-y' - I can't rationalize why I think that but I get "American automaker" vibes off of its body style. That said the current gen fit could badly use a sixth gear, and if its on all models not just the RS that's great.
2013 Fit Sport 5MT. Nothing looks funnier than a sticker advertising SOHC
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

rei wrote:the current gen fit could badly use a sixth gear
You hit the nail on the head. Mine used to do 4,000 rpm's in 5th gear at highway speeds.
2013 Honda Civic Si