UPDATE!!!..FIXED!!! OH no! Clutch slipping

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
charbs152
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Mazda3 i Touring 6MT

Re: UPDATE!!!..FIXED!!! OH no! Clutch slipping

Post by charbs152 »

potownrob wrote:
charbs152 wrote:
potownrob wrote:yeah, not supposed to do that since the rears can still lose control easily. that said, i know of some people who've had very good luck running snows just up front, and it seems to be better than running all-seasons on all wheels, probably just have to be more careful. i've been able to climb my icy, hilly and snowy driveway (never shoveled it and it got hard and packed down) with no drama since getting the snows installed.

as long as you understand how it effects the car youll be fine.

WHATT!!? where are you from? theres easily 20 inches on the ground here.
i'm in poughkeepsie; not nearly as much snow down here :shock: :lol: 8)

Thats HARDLY even upstate lol
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

charbs152 wrote:
potownrob wrote:i'm in poughkeepsie; not nearly as much snow down here :shock: :lol: 8)

i know, but the downstaters scoff if we tell them we're in downstate ny... :( :? :roll: 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

potownrob wrote:
charbs152 wrote:
potownrob wrote:i'm in poughkeepsie; not nearly as much snow down here :shock: :lol: 8)

i know, but the downstaters scoff if we tell them we're in downstate ny... :( :? :roll: 8)
In Michigan, we carved a canal between the UP and the LP and built a bridge across it just so it would be easier to tell Yoopers from Trolls.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

The way to tell if an area is in upstate or downstate NY should be based on how good the pizza tastes and how closely the area is connected to NYC. Any area with mostly bad pizza and more association with Buffalo, Syracuse or Albany than NYC is upstate. :) 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
charbs152
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Mazda3 i Touring 6MT

Post by charbs152 »

potownrob wrote:The way to tell if an area is in upstate or downstate NY should be based on how good the pizza tastes and how closely the area is connected to NYC. Any area with mostly bad pizza and more association with Buffalo, Syracuse or Albany than NYC is upstate. :) 8)

hey now, there are some great pizza places here!! Im 70 miles north of albany.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

charbs152 wrote:
potownrob wrote:The way to tell if an area is in upstate or downstate NY should be based on how good the pizza tastes and how closely the area is connected to NYC. Any area with mostly bad pizza and more association with Buffalo, Syracuse or Albany than NYC is upstate. :) 8)

hey now, there are some great pizza places here!! Im 70 miles north of albany.
calm down charbs, i never said ALL of your pizza was bad :lol: :)