Acura Civic

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Acura Civic

Post by Shadow »

potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Acura Civic

Post by potownrob »

nope, never seen it and will probably only see it on the NY Thruway on its way back to Canada. I never cared much for the EL - never saw the point of luxurizing the little Civic; maybe it's just me though. this one looks like it might be worth luxurizing though...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

potownrob wrote:nope, never seen it and will probably only see it on the NY Thruway on its way back to Canada. I never cared much for the EL - never saw the point of luxurizing the little Civic; maybe it's just me though. this one looks like it might be worth luxurizing though...
Back to Canada? I think they are selling them in the U.S. as well, no?

Somehow I think this is going to be a big seller for Acura. What I'm really wondering is what it will do to TSX sales. This car is a few thousand less expensive and it might attract the same buyers.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Where the hell is my new RSX? Either way, this actually doesn't look bad. They redid that horrible grill, but I too worry about it cannibalizing the TSX sales. Oh well. Only time will tell I guess.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote: Back to Canada? I think they are selling them in the U.S. as well, no?
reading comprehension fail - i thought it said they'd just be selling it in canadia, mexicolandia and china, not in addition to here. unlike the EL, this looks sort of like a real car.
Somehow I think this is going to be a big seller for Acura. What I'm really wondering is what it will do to TSX sales. This car is a few thousand less expensive and it might attract the same buyers.
if they didn't offer the tsx with the V6, i'd totally agree that it's waiting to be cannibalized.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

FDSpirit wrote:Where the hell is my new RSX?
amen :o :evil:
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

So that's the ILX... I heard of it, but never really looked into it. :mrgreen:

Acura has been known to cannibalize it's own sales. The TL has been doing it to the RL for years. Not to mention the TL is more powerful than the car that's supposed to be the flagship, and has similar interior room and features.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

potownrob wrote:
if they didn't offer the tsx with the V6, i'd totally agree that it's waiting to be cannibalized.
True. The only problem is that they hardly sell any V6 versions of the TSX. It was a nice idea to offer it, but not many people actually buy them. If they would have made the V6 with a stick, I might have actually considered buying one myself.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Post by 4onthefloor »

We've had the CSX in Canada since around '05. It was just Acura's version of the Civic made only for Canadian markets.

It also came as a Type-S which was just an upscale Si.

Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

From the looks of it the view from the drivers seat looks Terrible. That is what I love about my 91 civic, the view and turning radius is amazing. Better then a smaller car or a car of the same size. 02 focus that I have driven.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
kayubassist
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kayubassist »

yep

acrua EL, CSX, ILX all expensive civics lol
although I think many people would want to buy ILX to be different. (too many civics)
2012 Audi A3 S-Line Titanium 6MT
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

4onthefloor wrote:We've had the CSX in Canada since around '05. It was just Acura's version of the Civic made only for Canadian markets.

It also came as a Type-S which was just an upscale Si.

That looks like a Civic with Acura headlights and grill....when I cover them up, all I see is Civic, especially when I look at the windshield and roof. At least the ILX looks a little different than the Civic. They must have changed something with the glass because it does look different. But yeah, they're all just fancy versions of the Civic.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote: That looks like a Civic with Acura headlights and grill....when I cover them up, all I see is Civic, especially when I look at the windshield and roof. At least the ILX looks a little different than the Civic. They must have changed something with the glass because it does look different. But yeah, they're all just fancy versions of the Civic.
that was my beef with the older EL -other than certain aspects of the rearend and the leather seats, it looked like a civic
DKaz
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda3, Matrix, R3

Post by DKaz »

People think the Acura CSX is an upscale Civic, it's not, the Civic is a dumbed down CSX. The original 8th generation Civic was designed in the UK, then Acura Canada used that basis to create the CSX. Honda Japan liked the CSX so much they made the CSX the JDM Civic which is also exported to many other Asian countries. Honda North America then took the CSX and basically dumbed it down with cheap plastics and less features to create the Civic.

The 2001-2005 Acura EL was an upscale Civic and the 96-2000 EL was based on the Honda Domani in Japan.
09 Mazda 5 GS 6MT - His
12 Mazda 3 GS-L Skyactiv 6MT - Hers

ImageImage
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Having never been in an Acura, but in several Civics (and owning one), they must have done a ridiculous dumbing down. They are some noisy cars on the road, are Acura's like that as well? Genuinely curious...
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!