Gouge in door... Paint door, or dentless and touch-up?

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Standardshifter
Site Admin
Cars: 2005 Legacy GT, Buell

Gouge in door... Paint door, or dentless and touch-up?

Post by Standardshifter »

First time in twenty-five years of grass mowing I hire somebody to cut the grass, and they dent the car. :evil:

They are covering the cost of repair. Got an estimate, but it included painting the whole door.

The scratch itself is about two inches long on the lower rear door.

Worried that in five years, the door color won't match the rest of the factory paint job due to sun exposure/differences in painting process.

Wondering if paintless dent removal followed by touch-up would be the better option.

Would would you guys do?
-Standardshifter
Shifting the Standard of Automotive Websites
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Gouge in door... Paint door, or dentless and touch-up?

Post by Shadow »

Always go with paintless dent removal if you can. If it's just a dent and there's no paint damage, then I'd suggest paintless dent removal for sure. A few years ago a tree branch fell on the hood of my car and dented it pretty good. Dent Wizard had it back to new in less than an hour. As hard as I tried, I couldn't find any trace at all of the dents that were on the hood, and believe me when I say that I looked really hard.

But since you have paint damage, I'd day get it resprayed. I'm not a big fan of touch-up repair jobs because they don't usually look too good.