The five car stable

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: The five car stable

Post by Rope-Pusher »

LHOswald wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:
LHOswald wrote: The Classic: 1970 Chevelle SS with nascar stock car engine swapped in (pretty much a bored out 454 with some serious engine balancing and retarded cams so it revs to 12k :) :) :) )
Nothing like that has ever been run in NASCAR....well,...nothing like that is anywhere near the rules, now or then. 7 liters was the one-time upper limit on engine displacement. Sure, Smokey Yunick figured out that they never took off the left-side cylinder head for a tech inspection, because the brake master cylinder, steering shaft and the clutch Z-Bar were on that side, so he ran overbored cylinders on that side and never got caught. still, getting it all the way up to or beyond 545 cid with just boring out one side of the block probably isn't possible. Never gonna rev to 12k either, even w/o the restrictor plate.
why not rev to 12 grand...my buddy has a z28 camaro and dropped a 383 in it and it revs to 8. i figured they could get it to at least 12 lol. and they're like 358's or something. i think im just too used to loving 454's
You don't get it to rev up to 12k just by buying a tach with bigger numbers on it. It takes cubic dollars to make that happen - and a rulebook w/o any pages in it. NASCAR wouldn't even let Dodge run a motor based on the new Hemi. If your going to continue loving those 454's, please confine your lovemaking to the privacy of your own room. Oh, and restrict yourself to the missionary position - you don't want an engine turning over in your bed.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

eggwich delfiero wrote:1. I haz eight chicks mobile: Roadmaster Wagon. Not a stick you complain? I have five cars, I think I'll live.
Who says it's not a stick? These guys have a bolt-in T-56 kit for the Roadmaster: http://bigfastcar.com
Rope-Pusher wrote:NASCAR wouldn't even let Dodge run a motor based on the new Hemi.
I thought the Hemi dispute was what kept Dodge out for so many years, and allowing the Hemi was what made them willing to come back.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

A five car stable? Easy:

- the hauler: F350 super duty. Diesel, of course
- the daily: 2006 GTO, lightly modded
- the trail toy: TJ Rubicon, heavily modded. Trailered by the hauler to the trails.
- the track car/fun car: C6 Corvette ZR1. Track-biased setup. Streetable.
- the trip car: GMC Yukon Denali
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

theholycow wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:NASCAR wouldn't even let Dodge run a motor based on the new Hemi.
I thought the Hemi dispute was what kept Dodge out for so many years, and allowing the Hemi was what made them willing to come back.
Noap. The 3rd generation Hemi came out AFTER Dodge got back into NASCAR. When they did try to get a race version approved, NASCAR mustard thought the Hemi would have an advantage over the other motors, because they didn't allow it.
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

5 vehicle stable

1. DD. E46 ///M3 6spd. rode in a SMG M3 and was far from impressed

2. Toy. 09 R6 raven with full Öhlins suspension

3. Truck. 99-03 f350 crew cab dually with a cummins swap and a 6spd.

at this point im already ballin out of control and money is burning holes in my bank account, so i might as well splurge on something sweet

4. Classic. 69 mustang fastback with a built 4v, kenne bell, agent 47 front SLA suspension, terminator IRS in the back, nice simple 17s or 18s. modern retro, i love it

5. Track car: E36 ///M3. race car with lights and a spot for a license plate. yes it will be driven on the street all straight piped and dragging bumpers and rocking 3-4 degrees of camber. whats the point of having a race car if you cant drive it around on the streets and show off lol

the only issue is that my DD will be the slowest thing i have. the cummins will be door to door with the bimmer after the basic diesel upgrades (intake exhaust programmer), so i cant have that. m3 would then have to get boosted to keep up but like i said im ballin out of control so that wont be an issue

but in reality i really see no need or use for more than 2 vehicles without one of them always sitting and getting neglected, unless you have garage space to keep it inside so it doesnt rust to shit
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

permabanned wrote:but in reality i really see no need or use for more than 2 vehicles without one of them always sitting and getting neglected, unless you have garage space to keep it inside so it doesnt rust to shit
even then i would still drive each one at least once a month so everything is kept better. or at least start it and let it get to NOT
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

LHOswald wrote:
permabanned wrote:but in reality i really see no need or use for more than 2 vehicles without one of them always sitting and getting neglected, unless you have garage space to keep it inside so it doesnt rust to shit
even then i would still drive each one at least once a month so everything is kept better. or at least start it and let it get to NOT
A car port would probably offer better protection from rusting than a garage - rust formation is favored by higher temperatures - unless your garage were air conditioned or very well ventilated a car port would be enough to protect it from the elephants but not keep it in a raised-ambient temperature zone. If tou live below the equator, things are different. There, dew too the Coriolis effect, ewe wood want to park your car under a car starboard.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

- My rust-free FC: with rebuilt 13B-RE, GT35R, v-mount, Haltech, 5-lug swap, Stance coilovers, 30mm widebody, Works, etc, etc, etc

- 1972 Nova: LS2 swap, really really big turbo, slicks

- 2009 M3 coupe: 6 speed, some kind of really expensive exhaust, lowered, wheels

- FD track slut: stripped & caged, bridge-ported 13B-REW, GT40R, fancy suspension

- NA miata: FC turbo II swap kept mostly stock, suspension
Last edited by noob5,000,000 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

noob5,000,000 wrote:- My rust-free FC with rebuilt 13B-RE, GT35R, v-mount, Haltech, 5-lug swap, Stance coilovers, 30mm widebody, Works, etc, etc, etc

- 1972 Nova, LS2 swap, really really big turbo, slicks

- 2009 M3 coupe, 6 speed, some kind of really expensive exhaust, lowered, wheels

- FD track slut, stripped & caged, bridge-ported 13B-REW, GT40R, fancy suspension

- NA miata, FC turbo II swap kept mostly stock, suspension *schwing*
No need for a super expensive exhaust on an E90 my friend. A guy in Chicago has a black E90 M that I've seen near UIC and at a car meet once. The first time I saw it I was walking around campus and I heard this raucous exhaust note. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loud (like LOUD) and tuneful. Sounded absolutely wonderful in every way. I saw him at a car show once and asked him what kind of exhaust he had. His answer? Straight pipes from the headers back :lol:
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mits Evo MR

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

Everyday- Chevrolet Volt
SUV- BMW X5
Classic/Muscle- 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 with beefed up driveline and suspension
Track- 2010 Evo X MR 8)
Exotic-Ferarri 575M Maranello because I've always loved the lines of the body and it seems to be the perfect blend of badass and luxury without being too "look at me"
2010 Evo X MR- Rally Red :http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3863366
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

^Crap, that reminds me; I should have put an Evo in there somewhere.

And a turbo Volvo 740 sedan. And an FB. And an RX3. And an RX2. And a built EG hatch. And a Ferrari F40. And a C6 ZO6. And an LS1 S13. And a notch Fox body. And an R32 GT-R. And a '69 Charger R/T.

Can we have a twenty-five car stable instead?
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

God damn Noob, I want all those cars so bad. ('Cept make my 740 terbow a wagon) Let's live next door and share the cars yes?
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

noob5,000,000 wrote:^Crap, that reminds me; I should have put an Evo in there somewhere.

And a turbo Volvo 740 sedan. And an FB. And an RX3. And an RX2. And a built EG hatch. And a Ferrari F40. And a C6 ZO6. And an LS1 S13. And a notch Fox body. And an R32 GT-R. And a '69 Charger R/T.

Can we have a twenty-five car stable instead?
Cars are a lot like women, so that will end up being 25 cars you can't stand taking any more crap from within a short while.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter

Rope-Pusher wrote: Cars are a lot like women, so that will end up being 25 cars you can't stand taking any more crap from within a short while.
You can't lock women up in the garage and leave them. (At least not legally...)
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

Rope-Pusher wrote:protect it from the elephants
f*cking epic