Seriously going to work towards buying a Ralliart

General discussion about cars. Looking to buy a new car? Have a great driving story? Post it here!
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mits Evo MR

Seriously going to work towards buying a Ralliart

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

I opened up a second savings account the other day to start putting money away for the next year for a downpayment on a new car. I want an Evo badly, but I think that the combination of fuel economy, ride harshness, and over-all super racy nature make it a less then ideal daily driver. However I think that the new Lancer Ralliart would be very ideal. Basically it is about 85% of the EvoX for $10k less than the Evo.

Check it out- (I would want the car in either blue or black)
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sed ... index.html

*Also worth noting: Road & Track managed to get a Ralliart to hit 60mph in 5.4 seconds
*For the next model year, the Ralliart will supposedly get a 5hp/tq power bump, the Evo's rims/tires, an optional 5spd, and be about 150lbs less
*Since it is basically an Evo engine, one could simply put basic bolt ons and a boost controller and have the power and acceleration of an Evo with the ride of a much more relaxed car.
*Yes, I know the new WRX is faster, but I've heard about reliability problems and the styling is hideous to me. The new WRX/STi's have really gone downhill IMO.
2010 Evo X MR- Rally Red :http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3863366
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Re: Seriously going to work towards buying a Ralliart

Post by ElectroGhandi »

I agree with you on the WRX thing. The best looking Impreza was the bug eye one in the early 2000s. The new one is gross; It reminds me of a Ford Focus.
charbs152
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Mazda3 i Touring 6MT

Post by charbs152 »

personally i think its fugly, especially the front
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

Wow, that does sound like quite a nice blend of trim levels there!
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Doesn't the Ralliart only come in SST? Don't betray us Jeremy!
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mits Evo MR

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

ha ha. Thats why I want to wait until next year- not only do I have the chance to save for a down payment- but I can give them a chance to perfect the TC-SST and check out the manual version side by side when it becomes available to see which I like best. I drove the TC-SST and I really liked how smooth it was and I'm always up for innovative technology especially when it comes to cars.
2010 Evo X MR- Rally Red :http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3863366
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

ElectroGhandi wrote:I agree with you on the WRX thing. The best looking Impreza was the bug eye one in the early 2000s. The new one is gross; It reminds me of a Ford Focus.
Wrong,

Image Image
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

^ yup... 22B (same chasis as above) is the sexiest Impreza to date, too bad we didn't have them in the US. for US turbo models i think my generation (04-05) is the best looking, but i'm probably biased lol.

i've always heard Subarus to be more reliable than the equivalent Mitsubishis and i've never had any trouble from mine. but if you're going for a new car i do agree the new Lancers look much better than the new Imprezas.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

jomotopia wrote:^ yup... 22B (same chasis as above) is the sexiest Impreza to date, too bad we didn't have them in the US. for US turbo models i think my generation (04-05) is the best looking, but i'm probably biased lol..
This. There is no arguing. Except we did have them in the US. Just not the fast ones. 2.5RS was/is an amazing car though
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Well, at least we agree on the Scoobie posted :o . Anyway, onto the Ralliart. I personally like the Ralliart over the new Imprezas hands down. Best of luck with getting one.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

watkins wrote:
jomotopia wrote:^ yup... 22B (same chasis as above) is the sexiest Impreza to date, too bad we didn't have them in the US. for US turbo models i think my generation (04-05) is the best looking, but i'm probably biased lol..
This. There is no arguing. Except we did have them in the US. Just not the fast ones. 2.5RS was/is an amazing car though
one more note on this and then we can get back to the Ralliart topic :lol:... we didn't get a widebody like the 22B in the US and IMO the widebody is what makes it the best looking, and that is what i was specifically referring to.

i for one am happy and impressed that they have turboed the Ralliart. lots of potential in it now.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

i like the '04 and '05 models the best. idk why but when i look at a car im not looking at what i like about the shapes, im looking for how aerodynamic it is, and the '04-'05 Impreza WRX STi's use air pretty (air)dam effectively. spoiler looks retarded but gives alot of downforce (and its not a spoiler on a FWD car :) ), hood scoop+FMI looks badass with spoiler and more badass with hood scoop (hood scoop only cool if it actually works and you have no A\C) and the front just looks like it sucks in all the air it wants, and the rest is pushing down the car. no waste from that car

damn i want an STi so bad
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

LHOswald wrote:damn i want an STi so bad
Herpes, perhaps?
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

sorry we jacked your thread OzZyMaN2438. :oops:

best of luck getting that Ralliart... definitely want pictures when you do!
Jastreb
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3, Blue

Post by Jastreb »

OzZyMaN2438 wrote:ha ha. Thats why I want to wait until next year- not only do I have the chance to save for a down payment- but I can give them a chance to perfect the TC-SST and check out the manual version side by side when it becomes available to see which I like best. I drove the TC-SST and I really liked how smooth it was and I'm always up for innovative technology especially when it comes to cars.
You think they're gonna bring a version of the Ralliart with the manual tranny?
2009 Mazda RX-8 R3