Crossfire Vs GTO

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Re: Crossfire Vs GTO

Post by Bawked »

is it a 4 banger?
<3 fwd
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

my dodge? yes.

nothing wrong with a four banger...
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

What's wrong with it is FF 4 door sedan. Heavy WWD car. Styling is average and the angle of the rear window really sucks for aerodynamics.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

yeah, so?

its from 1989. it was $600. i don't have a loan, or a lease or anything. my ins isn't high b/c its a "coupe". my ins is high b/c of those things called "at fault accidents". (i wouldn't be able to get a loan right now if i wanted to, anyways).

cars were styled like that in 1989. i don't care about styling. i haven't for any of my cars (dodge spirit, chevy prizm, toyota tercel, dodge spirit). its reliable. i know how it handles in any weather b/c i LEARNED to drive on a spirit.

why hate on my car? its not fair.

Crafting and stuff
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

I'm not hating on it, I'm just telling you what's wrong with it. Every car has its drawbacks.
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

yes, and i know that.

urs only has like 80some odd hp. mine has like at least 95...

besides, about that rear window...i can see everything i need to and i don't like not being able to see out the rear b/c its blocked by some "styling" or its not angled correctly or weird shit like that.

Crafting and stuff
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

Prodigal Son wrote:Racing narrows your focus. Chances are that during the entire race you will be in a state of tunnel vision, seeing nothing but the car you are racing and oblivious to everything else happening on and around the road. This is incredibly dangerous.
Very true.

Had it been me in this situation, my intention would've been to accelerate quickly while maintaining a safe distance between the cars and mindset/vision. That is what goes through my head in a situation like this. This is what I am focusing on in an experiment like this.

Therefore, what you say is all valid, but perhaps not applicable 100% of the time, because people are not racing 100% of the time.

I guess we have to take a look at what "racing" means to us. You described it quite well; you intend to beat the competitor by all means. You're probably not double checking for safety as you would do usually. The #1 goal is to win the race. Therefore your vision narrows, and you're focusing on you and the competitor and the track directly in front.

Many people do not have the capacity to maintain a healthy level of safety while racing. They can't think far enough ahead or they can't pay close attention to multiple things at once. I usually discourage people from doing anything racing-esque in vehicles, because few have the capacity to safely handle it.

While I agree with you 100% in your facts, I don't think that those facts can be applied in all cases of people traveling at a fast pace near other vehicles... Because that is not what makes a race. Most cases, perhaps; as most people - like I said - are not capable of doing so safely. It's got a lot to do with the mental capacity of the person/people in question.

That brings me to your other point entirely - the guy next to you in a high-speed session. He could be and probably is in a completely different mindset, with a ??? level of skill, and there's no way to tell until it's over, or too late. Now THAT is really dangerous. I will certainly think twice about THAT next time.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

wannabe wrote:yeah, so?

its from 1989. it was $600. i don't have a loan, or a lease or anything. my ins isn't high b/c its a "coupe". my ins is high b/c of those things called "at fault accidents". (i wouldn't be able to get a loan right now if i wanted to, anyways).

cars were styled like that in 1989. i don't care about styling. i haven't for any of my cars (dodge spirit, chevy prizm, toyota tercel, dodge spirit). its reliable. i know how it handles in any weather b/c i LEARNED to drive on a spirit.

why hate on my car? its not fair.
You joked bout my 4 banger i joked back, and your car does have faults as all cars do which leedeth pointed out. 4dr sedan can be a good thing though as it has room, and its not really heavy like 1300kg(2866lb) which is ok.

leedeths car is slow but has a good skidpad score of like .89g ? like 1100kg(2425lb) so it doesn't need as big of an engine, although kl-ze would make it own.

hell my car is like 1250kg(2700lb) so it's not light but it has 160hp so it can go pretty fast, its what i want in a car really.... small(ish), fast, different and good handling.

we all want/need different cars so lets not bash.
<3 fwd
Noritals3213
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Noritals3213 »

Hate to bump but, honestly op , why do you like GTO's they are slow chick cars.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Noritals3213 wrote:Hate to bump but, honestly op , why do you like GTO's they are slow chick cars.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

And he says he's not a troll...
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
tehfade
Senior Standardshifter

Post by tehfade »

Huh...I didn't post in this thread. Sweet race...Crossfires are cool cars, definitely underappreciated. They're one of the better things to come out of Chrysler's German ownership, IMO. I've been in one, and the only thing I could find to criticize was the shift knob...most weirdly shaped one I've ever seen, lol.

Noritals...you're an idiot. Like I said in your other thread, the owner of a Mustang can't really talk about "chick cars". Guys like you are why Mustang owners are so hated on.
I drive a Phantom Black 2005 GTO M6. I commute in a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.