Help!!!

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
roxygurljax
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '01 Grand Prix GT+

Help!!!

Post by roxygurljax »

So I'm doing my research paper on the art of MT driving...(it's for ENC1102, nbd)...anyone wanna give me some topics that would be good to include...maybe write my prospectus?!?!?!?!
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Re: Help!!!

Post by Leedeth »

What are the course outcomes, what are the requirements of the paper?

Probably should include:

A full comparison of manual to automatic transmissions, such as fuel economy, required user input, reliability, maintenance, mechanical function, etc.
Skillsets required to operate the transmission.
Global and country-specific distribution of the manual to automatic transmission.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

If you're going to talk about the art of driving a stick instead of the benefits, I would suggest making parallels to actual art. Most artists don't mass produce their own work because it takes something special, unique, and original and turns it into Campbell's Soup. (Andy Warhol) Think of it like this: an artist can sit down, and produce a painting. Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad, but the artist, regardless of the outcome, is a better artist because of it. And the art, if it's good, becomes copied. Sometimes directly, like a print, and sometimes abstractly, like a paint by number, or parody. Regardless, it's the mass produced pieces of garbage that people buy at Walmart for $5 and tack to their walls while wanting, craving the real thing. But the person who simply acquires the art, without the struggle of producing anything, gains nothing from it.

It really can be related to art.
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Might be something useful for you in my assignment related thread:

http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=9401