Street racer escapes cops

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Re: Street racer escapes cops

Post by Bawked »

VTECaddict, I hate people who are like, ZOMG DON'T STREET RACE!!!! then turn around and say they speed though.. but that doesn't matter because it's not racing... well actually it does matter you bias a$$holes... you speed, you're no better..
<3 fwd
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

Bawked wrote:VTECaddict, I hate people who are like, ZOMG DON'T STREET RACE!!!! then turn around and say they speed though.. but that doesn't matter because it's not racing... well actually it does matter you bias a$$holes... you speed, you're no better..
So driving 75mph in a 65mph zone is the equivalent of racing someone side by side at maximum acceleration to see which car is fastest? Really? No difference between those to things in your mind?

You don't have to make breakfast for yourself where you live, do you?
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Bawked wrote:VTECaddict, I hate people who are like, ZOMG DON'T STREET RACE!!!! then turn around and say they speed though.. but that doesn't matter because it's not racing... well actually it does matter you bias a$$holes... you speed, you're no better..
I disagree. Simply speeding doesn't have to be dangerous. Racing someone else often gives you a rush of adrenaline, makes you take risks you wouldn't normally take and possibly make you lose focus on important things going on around the road. Speeding doesn't necessarily do that. Also, generally, speeding isn't quite as excessive as street racing can be. Taken by the moment, the people racing may take their cars up to unreasonable speeds, whereas the average speeder only goes about 5-15mph over the speed limit, from my observations.

On the other hand, I do think a lot of people on this forum are probably being hypocritical (I'm not talking about anyone in particular). It just seems as though some people are being so hateful against street racing only because that's what is accepted around here. Don't get me wrong; I think street racing is quite irresponsible and generally pretty dumb, but that doesn't mean a quick, lighthearted sprint to the speed limit with another car next to you is significantly dangerous. I'd say, if you're responsible, doing that can be just as safe or, at worst, negligibly more dangerous. I also don't think it's our position to call anybody an idiot if they have different opinions. Doing so won't change their minds and merely causes a flame war. :)
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

speeding does not equal racing. look it up in a dictionary if you dont believe me.

and also i admit to speeding, yes. but that is anywhere from 1-15 over the speed limit. street racing often involves triple digit speeds. like all things in life, speeding is on an analog scale.

do you think tea drinkers should be lumped with meth addicts? caffeine is a drug too.
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
.insane
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Contour Slush

Post by .insane »

VTECaddict wrote:
speeding does not equal racing. look it up in a dictionary if you dont believe me.

and also i admit to speeding, yes. but that is anywhere from 1-15 over the speed limit. street racing often involves triple digit speeds. like all things in life, speeding is on an analog scale.

do you think tea drinkers should be lumped with meth addicts? caffeine is a drug too.
+1

i don't go more than 15 over the limit.
Retired:
'98 Ford Contour (AT) - 130,xxx miles (passed to my brother)
'93 Toyota Tercel (4sp MT) - 190,xxx miles (donated)
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

^ +2

ill go maybe 5 over the limit in residential areas, 10-15 over on the highway(s).
FREE ROMAN!
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

VTECaddict wrote:do you think tea drinkers should be lumped with meth addicts? caffeine is a drug too.
Actually, I do, if they're addicted. Addictions are addictions, plain and simple. Just because one is an illegal drug and another is legal doesn't mean much. You still crave it, need it, and can't go without it. But this is getting off topic quick. :)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Warner wrote:Don't get me wrong; I think street racing is quite irresponsible and generally pretty dumb, but that doesn't mean a quick, lighthearted sprint to the speed limit with another car next to you is significantly dangerous. I'd say, if you're responsible, doing that can be just as safe or, at worst, negligibly more dangerous.
Thank you! Someone finally agrees. :)
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

last night, After talking so much about it, i had the urge to street racing with my old friends. We went out, we ran our cars, had fun. Anyway- we got back home, and its about 2 in the morning.

I see these stupid import kids, i see a lancer and a minute later an acura. They're both doing about 100+ MPH in a 35 ( for some reason, ricers like to speed REAL Fast on my road, it's a 2 lane road, with a 30 MPH speed limit, these are the people we should be arresting) the lancer flies past my house, after he passed, i hear a loud ass buzzing noise, and like...1 minute later- i see an RSX doing like 120 MPH or so, for sure over 100. He goes over a slight bend, and he loses control AND BAM
HE HITS A POWER POLE the pole DESINTIGRATES into like 30 pieces and then he takes out ANOTHER POLE and it LANDS ONS OME ONES HOUSE
and all the while this is happening, HE IS AIRBORNE, like in the air! and his car does a nose dive, THEN FLIPS 2 times, while landing into my neighbors lawn sideways, sort of balencing on two wheels, then the balence gives out and the car sits on all 4, thankfully right side up. I don't know if this makes me a bad person, I hate imports but i dont like seeing people get hurt, but i laughed for a good 5 minutes, tearing up in the eye. The guys must of bailed out, cuz when i went there after i finished laughing there wasnt anything there. Atlanta people will probably see this on the news. We just got our power up.
Anyway- check this out
2 of the front LOWERING SPRINGS flew out, one tire landed on the neighbors roof, a strut was in my other neighbors lawn, the guys car keys and stuff all over the lawn. It's like a scrap yard- it was like literally 100 diffrent parts scattered through out my neighbors lawn.
Of course, i had to take some cell phone pictures

I can't believe how well that car held up- i really don't understand how the front end didnt crush to the inside of the car, and i don't understand how the roof isn't caved in to the seat, and i don't understand how the guys were able to get out alive, let alone run. Damn import kids don't die when they crash- i swear, all the V8 guys never get this lucky
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

holy shit.
FREE ROMAN!
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Holy fvcking sh1t.

Get some high quality pics, cell phone don't cut it. Especially since there's not a good chance of this happening again right next to your house.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Screw a better camera- i wish i had a camcorder.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

That's a violent crash. Kids were somewhat alright, I'm assuming. Maybe that'll teach them something.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

JackBauer wrote:I can't believe how well that car held up- i really don't understand how the front end didnt crush to the inside of the car, and i don't understand how the roof isn't caved in to the seat, and i don't understand how the guys were able to get out alive, let alone run. Damn import kids don't die when they crash- i swear, all the V8 guys never get this lucky
its because its a honda. :wink:

but seriously, damn that is some crazy shit... :o
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

JackBauer wrote:If the government crushed my car, i'd spend every penny and exhaust every loan i could get my hands on and sue the ISHT out the city.
These are our rights here..OUR cars, OUR money, and for some of us, our sweat and blood (granted, some of us here don't have to work on our cars to race them, so the work may not be as appreciated)
If you condone the government crushing citizen property, your something i wouldn't call you to your face. Theres a proper punishment, fines, jail..proper- crushing property ..
I'm glad we have a constitution/bill of rights because some of the mentality i see from people is just stupid.
Dude, soon enough you won't have any rights. One by one, we're losing our rights.
If you started that fight, you'd lose. You'd be homeless, destitute, and miserable.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200