Street racer escapes cops

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
.insane
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Ford Contour Slush

Re: Street racer escapes cops

Post by .insane »

JackBauer wrote:you went to a driving school to learn how to drag race?
I dont know any real street racer who 'course or road races' on a public street..thats also rice. I have also attended a racing school. 2 actually. Audi driving experience, i got a big discount on it from my job, and Panoz, the only 2 i could find that were available near me. the panoz really set me back too.

nice talking to you 'insanes friend'

Again .insane's friend speaking, I went to racing school to learn how to race on a track not to road race, the course was at Road America a race track, I only race at Autobahn Raceway in joliet, I have never raced on the road and never plan on it. I stated "Street racing is for ricers. end of discussion" and I still don't understand where your pulling this shit out of, anyways I'm done with you, thank you very much for wasting my time.

For those who want pics of my car:
My dads supra, my close friends cobalt ss and my evo at a local car show

be happy and don't forget a tissue
Retired:
'98 Ford Contour (AT) - 130,xxx miles (passed to my brother)
'93 Toyota Tercel (4sp MT) - 190,xxx miles (donated)
.insane
Master Standardshifter

Post by .insane »

JackBauer wrote:6 seconds is not a fast, or even quick 0-60. Bone stock mustangs run a lot lower than that.
Ok- i've been proven wrong..maybe not 90+ percent of SSers, i'll rephrase..
99 percent of SS members with sport cars.

hey jomo wanna take a stab at this one or paalo
Retired:
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Hey bud- i didn't waste your time. You came here because you obviously wanted dearly to speak to me and tell us all about the driving school you've attended, and your shiny blue evo w/ mesh grilles. Thank you for wasting my breath and don't bother a retalliation. I'm through with you.

Anyway yea- bring them on..jomo or paolo...come on guys...never raced, remember what racing is under the law. You never sped up to not let someone pass, and both went a bit too fast?

jomo: your traveling on 85 and exit to an off ramp. you hang a left and you spot a long 1 mile straight road. A beautiful blue modified STI pulls up next to you. your windows are down and it's a little chilly. Its about 12:00 and theres no one on the road, and i mean NO one. What do you do bud. What. Do. You. Do.

Palo? your in the same situation, and your paint jobs glistening under the moon. What. Do. You. Do
Last edited by JackBauer on Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Here is my attempt at a diversion to the discussion at hand...

Two nights ago, I was coming home from school, just minding my own business driving down a small road that leads to my neighborhood. La, la, la, then I hear the sound of buzzing bees to my left and look at my driver's side mirror. Up comes a riced Integ so low it was scraping the ground, with an exhaust as loud as thunder. He lines up next to me, and rev's the sucker up to high hell. Then he [slowly, I might add] fires himself ahead. He then flashes his hazards, which I guess in the street racing world, means that he "won."

I laughed so hard I nearly ran up the curb. The guy had like a thousand people in the car, too. Funny stuff. Probably posting in a ricer board now saying how badly he had beat a Mazdaspeed6 from a roll.

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

JackBauer wrote:And what do the above drive? Saab? contour?
Can someone with a real mustang, Evo..STI chime in?
Im sorry my car isnt good enough for you, but its sure as hell faster than most of the dumbass street racing ricers. 0-60 in 7.2 isnt bad at all for a 3180 pound, 9 year old car.

Lemme guess, you like drag racing and nascar? Try some racing with some real corners. Which, by the way, my car can handle. Street racing is for dumbasses who only think all out speed is important, which is - when it comes time to dodge an unexpected obstacle - why they crash and die.
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

JackBauer wrote:6 seconds is not a fast, or even quick 0-60. Bone stock mustangs run a lot lower than that.
So it sounds like you believe that nearly everyone that has what you consider a high performance car is a street racer.
.insane
Master Standardshifter

Post by .insane »

GarySheehan wrote:
So it sounds like you believe that nearly everyone that has what you consider a high performance car is a street racer.
theres no hope for him, my friend with a 3-4 second evo is not good enough for him, and i know that my friend is not a street racer, street racing = rice and he thinks that street racing should be condoned wtf?
Retired:
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

.insane wrote:theres no hope for him, my friend with a 3-4 second evo is not good enough for him, and i know that my friend is not a street racer, street racing = rice and he thinks that street racing should be condoned wtf?
No theres not. Its been proven time and time again that JackBauer doesnt have a damn clue.
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

JackBauer wrote:jomo: your traveling on 85 and exit to an off ramp. you hang a left and you spot a long 1 mile straight road. A beautiful blue modified STI pulls up next to you. your windows are down and it's a little chilly. Its about 12:00 and theres no one on the road, and i mean NO one. What do you do bud. What. Do. You. Do.

Palo? your in the same situation, and your paint jobs glistening under the moon. What. Do. You. Do
Smile and wave? Seriously, I would have no inclination to try and drive faster than the other guy, regardless of the temperature, sky conditions or how shiny my paint is.
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

six wrote:I laughed so hard I nearly ran up the curb.
See? Street racing is dangerous on so many levels! :)
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Jeez, I swear i feel like i'm the only sane f**k sometimes.
I like rally and touring. I also like drag racing, but only if im watching it in person. Nascars OK.
ITs not that your contour isn't good enough for me. I haven't been hostile to you in this whole thread- its just that if you drive a contour- i don't expect you to race, and i dont expect anyone to even attempt to race you. No need to be defensive.
And Gary- yes sir. I do. I believe that any modified sports car will or has street raced. Every mustang i've met on the road, thats been modified will race if we happen to meet at a light. It's always happened- and if i deem it safe, i'll do a quick 0-60 sprint or something. Then- theres the point of MODIFIED. a REAL fast car won't street race, a 500 HP evo wont race on the street. I didn't race guys on the street when i use to have my 365HP all motor 5.0, or when i make 450HP on my 281 by the end of this year. not any fun in it at that point unless theres gambling involved.
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

This thread is funny... while street racing is illegal it's going to be done... not stopping that. I like speed and as everyone in here agrees they do travel at over the limit.. going over the limit is racing yourself :? and on a street... so yea.. Driving fast is also 'street racing' all you idiots stop justifying how racing someone is else is worse than going over the limit you're just idiots for thinking that...
<3 fwd
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

wow. dictionary much?

driving fast is called speeding. if driving fast alone was considered street racing, there would be almost no cars on the road because everyone would have revoked licenses and impounded cars.

a race is a contest of speed between two or more parties. it is to determine who is the fastest to reach a certain goal.

driving over the speed limit in and of itself is not racing because 1) other parties are not consciously participating in the race and 2) there isnt any finish/goal to be obtained.
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
watkins
Master Standardshifter

Post by watkins »

JackBauer wrote:Jeez, I swear i feel like i'm the only sane suck sometimes.
I like rally and touring. I also like drag racing, but only if im watching it in person. Nascars OK.
ITs not that your contour isn't good enough for me. I haven't been hostile to you in this whole thread- its just that if you drive a contour- i don't expect you to race, and i dont expect anyone to even attempt to race you. No need to be defensive.
And Gary- yes sir. I do. I believe that any modified sports car will or has street raced. Every mustang i've met on the road, thats been modified will race if we happen to meet at a light. It's always happened- and if i deem it safe, i'll do a quick 0-60 sprint or something. Then- theres the point of MODIFIED. a REAL fast car won't street race, a 500 HP evo wont race on the street. I didn't race guys on the street when i use to have my 365HP all motor 5.0, or when i make 450HP on my 281 by the end of this year. not any fun in it at that point unless theres gambling involved.
I dont drive a Contour. Saab 9-3. Read, look at pictures. Its not that hard.
Also, its not a matter of hostility, its a matter of logic and rationalism, as well as intellect.

Believing that any modified sports car will or has street raced is pure ignorance. Do you have any actual studies? Just because most Mustangs are driven by middle aged men who think theyre still young or boy racers who think they own a real sports car because they could afford a Mustang does not mean that everyone with a fast car will race.

Catch a clue. Your world views have been proven time and again to be off, or just plain wrong. So please, dont dare bring the matter of sanity into any discussion.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

ill have to agree with JackBauer on this one. most of those middle aged men who drive mustangs cuz they are in their midlife crisis wont race nobody. they also wont mod their cars either.

you dont put in money and work into building a 400 or 500 horsepower car and drive it like a grandma. it just doesnt happen. any seriously modified car (im not talking a CAI, headers and exhaust here, thats not seriously modified) is driven hard because driving hard is the reason for all those mods in the first place.

that being said, before everyone sh1ts on me as well, crashing my car taught me a lesson. i learned sh1t. it was an expensive lesson, but thats the only way people ever learn. it made me realize that im not invincible and that sh1t happens fast in a car, now ill know better than to drop to 3rd and put it on the floor when a ricer passes me on the highway.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT