Street racer escapes cops

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Street racer escapes cops

Post by AHTOXA »

Johnf514 wrote:Good to see an anti-street racing mentality around here. I'll support the 5-0 on this one.
I used to do that all the time when I was younger. THen I grew up.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Giant Robot
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Giant Robot »

Sypher wrote:"The 17-year-old received a $483 fine for excessive speeding, a 15-day driving prohibition and a $109 fine for not displaying his new driver sign. His vehicle was also impounded for 48 hours."

PSFT! that's nothing! If the guy was caught in Ontario, that's minimum $2000 fine (maximum $10000), suspended drivers license, and 7day vehicle impound...
+1. He got off REALLY easy.
A Famous Giant Robot.
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

Leedeth wrote:Hey I don't condone street racing, but you gotta do what you gotta do. That is, until they build a proper track.
wtf?

so its OK for someone to go out and shoot people if there isnt a shooting range near them? hey, gotta scratch that itch, right? :shock:
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

Leedeth wrote:But on a more serious note, WTF. Cops need to relax, these guys haven't killed anyone yet,
Leedeth wrote:Hey I don't condone street racing, but you gotta do what you gotta do. That is, until they build a proper track.
CONDONE: to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless.

I'd say you condone street racing...
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Well, if theres no race track, then what can you do..if you seriously believe your life is the only one your endangering, and it's night time - all power to you.
I Gave up on real street racing. I just meet with guys for fun and stuff now, but lets be honest..Anyone here with a mustang, or STI, or what ever willing to back out of a quick race on a sunny, low traffic sunday afternoon when a guy with a similar car pulls up next to you :shock:
buster
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Prius

Post by buster »

We beat this street racing issue over and over and over. I don't recall anyone ever changing anyone else's mind...

Anyway, the kid deserves what he got and probably should get a public spanking as well...
"and Leon's getting laaaarrrrgggggeeeerrrr"
SteveUK
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Post by SteveUK »

That child should have received the following:

$20,000 fine
Car crushed into a cube (at his expense)
Prison for 1 year
His licence taken away and never be allowed to have reinstated.

So what, he didn't kill anyone - he could have.
Boo fricking hoo, there are no tracks that he can drive on so he thinks that he can do it on a public road. That is a child's mentality, I want, I want. He is not mature enough to drive, so he should never be allowed to drive.

Anyone that thinks what he did is acceptable shouldn't be allowed to drive either.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

it was probably Paolo lol
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2013 Ford Fiesta

Post by comingbackdown »

It's much better to be proactive, and petition for the building of a track, and be retroactive, and say "Look what happened because there's no track!"

So, make a point of putting forth the issue.

It's not a "do what you have to do" situation. People don't have to be stupid.

I support the cops for the most part. I've run my car waaaaaaaaaay over the speed limit a few times, but it's stupid, dangerous, and illegal.

Those were just stupid "Let's go fast" moments though. You wouldn't ever catch me racing anybody on a public road. Ever. I could have a 700HP car that could take the 1/4 mile in the blink of an eye and wipe everybody around here completely off the map, and I still wouldn't do it. No.

Street racing is illegal for a reason, and it's stupid. Period.

and don't think nobody has been killed by it. It's happened, just not there.
Also, take a moment and imagine, how many close calls are there daily? How many idiots racing and joyriding swerve around a pedestrian or vehicle they didn't notice, and left the person who almost got creamed about to have a coronary? It's not cool.

Just like the dude that pulled 219 in that Lambo.
Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.
Just because you can, doesn't give you the right to be stupid.
2013 Ford Fiesta + a bike and a land yacht which are in pieces.
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

comingbackdown wrote:Those were just stupid "Let's go fast" moments though. You wouldn't ever catch me racing anybody on a public road. Ever. I could have a 700HP car that could take the 1/4 mile in the blink of an eye and wipe everybody around here completely off the map, and I still wouldn't do it. No.
yea you would. its easy to say you wouldnt when your rolling some 80 or 90 hp, but if you were driving a 9 or 10 second car, you would be going fast. willpower is no match for horsepower.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

hockeystyx16 wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:Those were just stupid "Let's go fast" moments though. You wouldn't ever catch me racing anybody on a public road. Ever. I could have a 700HP car that could take the 1/4 mile in the blink of an eye and wipe everybody around here completely off the map, and I still wouldn't do it. No.
yea you would. its easy to say you wouldnt when your rolling some 80 or 90 hp, but if you were driving a 9 or 10 second car, you would be going fast. willpower is no match for horsepower.
omg love that :lol: driving the mr2 I couldn't resist going twice the limit even going past the cop station :twisted:
<3 fwd
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2013 Ford Fiesta

Post by comingbackdown »

hockeystyx16 wrote:
My ass it's not.
Not wanting to die is a match for horsepower. Not wanting to lose a car, a license, and my freedom due to jailtime is a match for horsepower. Not wanting to be hated on, have people say "I'm disappointed in you" with those horrible saddening glares, and not wanting to be looked at funny every time I get in a car is a match for horsepower.
Sorry, but I obsessively consider the ends to the means before I do something like that, and I know what would happen if I did. Not doing it. You could hand me an exact replica of Gary's STi and I wouldn't be dumb enough to play with it on public roads.

It's easy for anybody to say they won't, but I have a severe respect for the possible consequences, and a pretty large amount of self-control. It's not worth what one could lose, just for a few minutes of adrenaline. Sorry, if I want that rush I'll run two miles.
2013 Ford Fiesta + a bike and a land yacht which are in pieces.
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Get real- rice racing and a friendly drag race at a street light to another light with no traffic are totally diffrent things. Even when i was really into street racing (REAL street racing) we never had a crash- i can't go 1 day at the track without seeing a real close call or a crash on a 13 second street car.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Street racing is stupid.
Street racing is fun.
Fun is stupid. (Transitive property.) :lol:

But just because it's fun, and you might want to do it once it a while doesn't make it any less stupid. It does, however, make you incredibly stupid to do or defend it. Essentially, what you're saying is, there's a "smart" stupid, which is just plain stupid.
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

JackBauer wrote:Get real- rice racing and a friendly drag race at a street light to another light with no traffic are totally diffrent things. Even when i was really into street racing (REAL street racing) we never had a crash- i can't go 1 day at the track without seeing a real close call or a crash on a 13 second street car.
"REAL street racing?" As in not the fake street racing? Oh, this must be the legitimate street racing you are talking about.

Who CARES if they crash on the track. That's the WHOLE point!