Street racer escapes cops

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Re: Street racer escapes cops

Post by black94boost »

How old are you? Do you have kids? What if a guy was racing down the street and then kills you, your parents, your wife, or your kids? Will you think street racing is still cool now?
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

black94boost wrote:How old are you? Do you have kids? What if a guy was racing down the street and then kills you, your parents, your wife, or your kids? Will you think street racing is still cool now?
What if a guy was racing down the street, and kills a drug dealing, serial killing, wife beating, child molesting, sweat shop owning lowlife? Or even Bill Gates. (Ha! :D :D) People are always so quick to assume or assign an infinite value to human life, but I don't buy it. To me, some people are worth a lot, and I would do everything in my power to save them, but quite frankly, there are people that, if given the chance, I'd end them. I'm sure a lot of people here agree with me on that. We have to stop thinking of ourselves as so much more important than anything else, and look at the truth of it. Even HUMANS don't value human life. We eat things that kill us. We drink things that kill us. We smoke things that kill us. We take great efforts to lord over other people. We take even greater efforts to ensure that we have more than other people. We take the greatest efforts to kill each other, over something as simple as a disagreement.

Granted, some of the more extreme examples are a very small percentage of the world, but there are a good 150 million people in this country struggling to pay bills while a good couple thousand have more cars than glasses, and more money rolling in every year than most people would see in a lifetime. And if those couple thousand really gave a damn, and knocked themselves down off their pedestals, we could all have a good life. But I guess that's why we have all those wonderful sayings, right? "Money isn't everything." "Can't buy happiness." Sorry, but to me, those are just excuses for people to continually mistreat each other.

So, are humans worth more than metal? Hmmm....sometimes I wonder.
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

I don't think street racing is "cool" and never will, but if there's no track then where are you gonna go. Besides, the type I condone is the one where you take it up to the speed limit, and if you were to take it any higher, then taking an out of the way road and blocking it off making sure nobody's anywhere near it would be the thing to do.

A car is not just a car, it has sentimental value. Just like your pets...well they're living beings, but you get what I mean.

I find it ironic that we're sitting here talking about human life being higher than anything else, and yet the government is sending troops off to warzones ill-equipped. :evil:
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

[/thread]
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Yeah I just killed the thread with my last sentence didn't I lol.
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Post by black94boost »

What to do when there's no track? Find one.
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

Nychold wrote:We smoke things that kill us.
debatable. :mrgreen:
FREE ROMAN!
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

black94boost wrote:What to do when there's no track? Find one.
Or build one. And invite me. 8)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

We all done stupid quit in our lives but after such statements you've lost much credibility on here.[/quote]

You don't have to accept me. What you make of my credibility doesn't mean a rats ass to me. :roll:
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

subzero wrote:
Nychold wrote:We smoke things that kill us.
debatable. :mrgreen:
:lol: I was waiting for subzero to come in on this one.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

in the words of bob marley (RIP), "Herb is the healing of a nation"

:mrgreen:
FREE ROMAN!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

black94boost wrote:What to do when there's no track? Find one.

if you build it, they will come
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Racing on a track is not appealing to me. All of the videos I've seen of "non-professional" track racing involve the driver just trying to stay the f' out of the way of all the idiots on the track. Doesn't sound like fun to me, unless I was in a 20 year old gutted wagon with a huge number painted on the side, and the point of the race was to hit the idiots. Plus, there are all these rules you have to deal with, you have to go out of your way to actually get to the track at a date that is not of your choosing, the date and time restrictions, the vehicle restrictions, the fee, no freedom, the fact that you have to pay money, the fact that you drive two hours to get to the track to wait for the start of a 20 minute race, they charge you to race on the track, and did I mention that we have to pay?

That's why I would like to have my own, personal track. One that only I am driving on, without all the crazy strangers around. One where I don't have to pay to get in. One that I get to race on for however long I want, whenever I want, at any time of the day. One where I get to have fun on with my friends and family, where I don't have to "keep-up" with the rest of the guys or get run over, where I get to actually enjoy my car. Public tracks don't do that, unless you pay like $50,000 to reserve the track, and that's only for like a day.

That's why I play so many racing games. It's the only place I have fun driving, even if the car is a virtual one.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

six wrote:That's why I play so many racing games. It's the only place I have fun driving, even if the car is a virtual one.

so thats why you guys (guys in general) play so many racing games...i think i finally get it!
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

No it's because you can do everything in video games that you can't in the real world.

And most of those things will get you killed.