Street racer escapes cops

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Re: Street racer escapes cops

Post by JackBauer »

Good people can't sit back and do nothing.
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Crushing a car for street racing without crashing or injuring somebody is like chopping someone's arm off for throwing a punch and missing.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Leedeth wrote:Crushing a car for street racing without crashing or injuring somebody is like chopping someone's arm off for throwing a punch and missing.
That may be, but when they crash or injure or kill somebody, it's already too late.
No loss of life is acceptable. Crushing a car retroactively isn't going to matter, somebody will already be seriously injured or dead.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
tehfade
Senior Standardshifter

Post by tehfade »

Crushing a car for street racing is utter, complete overkill to the point of ridiculousness. And if I got busted "street racing", and had the knowledge my car would be crushed if caught...I'd probably run for it. Which would be bad for everybody.

And I want to raise the question--what is "street racing" exactly? It is whatever the cop says it is. If I was at a stop light and accelerated hard to get by someone, that could be called street racing. If I passed a car fast on the highway, that could be called street racing. So basically, if the penalty for "street racing" is getting your car crushed, you better drive like Mother Theresa, because if you manage to piss off a cop--wave goodbye to your car.
I drive a Phantom Black 2005 GTO M6. I commute in a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

If memory serves me correctly, Mother Theresa, at least the one I am thinking of, did not drive...
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

paul34 wrote:How many times have people been falsely accused of "racing..."
I was, once. :D :D :D
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
JackBauer
Master Standardshifter

Post by JackBauer »

Hehe- i remember once I was racing a Triumph, cool lil 600CC bike on GA 400. We were doing like 130mph and the crazy dude on the bike shot me a thumbs up so i'm like yea man!! ...then we fly by a cop who was doing like 60 or so. i start to make it for the first exit but we fly by ANOTHER cop and i think he was aware of what was going on because it looked like he was doing about 90 when we passed him. I maked for an exit, and the cop kept chasing the bike- i was like oooo bad move i dont think he ever caught him. I went to the sports authority about 1/4 mile or so after the exit and looked at the road and i saw the other officer driving up and down that road...I just calmly walked the sports authority, bought me a rifle and some underwear and walked back to my car like nothing happened haha.

Then there was this other time, these guys at work swapped cars, and one of the guys did like 100 mph on this road we're located on, and im standing out side on break and i see a cop coming way behind them, so they slam on the brakes and drive over a curb on a slammed GTI and they hurry up to the back of the shop and park it in the bay and closed the door, propped the hood open, lifted the car and took off the wheels so it looked like the car was being worked on. LMAO- i was on the floor rolling. I knew the cop had to see them roll in- 2 of them parked at the waffle house infront of us, and waited for them to come out for a long ass time. I think they stayed their for like an hour after closing, i was waiting for the innocent guy ( the owner of the car) to get busted for racing- would of been mad funny..yea
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

JackBauer wrote:Hehe- i remember once I was racing a Triumph, cool lil 600CC bike on GA 400. We were doing like 130mph and the crazy dude on the bike shot me a thumbs up so i'm like yea man!! ...then we fly by a cop who was doing like 60 or so. i start to make it for the first exit but we fly by ANOTHER cop and i think he was aware of what was going on because it looked like he was doing about 90 when we passed him. I maked for an exit, and the cop kept chasing the bike- i was like oooo bad move i dont think he ever caught him. I went to the sports authority about 1/4 mile or so after the exit and looked at the road and i saw the other officer driving up and down that road...I just calmly walked the sports authority, bought me a rifle and some underwear and walked back to my car like nothing happened haha.

Then there was this other time, these guys at work swapped cars, and one of the guys did like 100 mph on this road we're located on, and im standing out side on break and i see a cop coming way behind them, so they slam on the brakes and drive over a curb on a slammed GTI and they hurry up to the back of the shop and park it in the bay and closed the door, propped the hood open, lifted the car and took off the wheels so it looked like the car was being worked on. LMAO- i was on the floor rolling. I knew the cop had to see them roll in- 2 of them parked at the waffle house infront of us, and waited for them to come out for a long ass time. I think they stayed their for like an hour after closing, i was waiting for the innocent guy ( the owner of the car) to get busted for racing- would of been mad funny..yea

We all done stupid shit in our lives but after such statements you've lost much credibility on here.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Post by black94boost »

You kids need to grow up.
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Well, I just thought of a great argument against crushing cars. It's like putting a convicted criminal on the chair, right? You can't bring them back later if they find new evidence that proves them innocent.
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Leedeth wrote:Well, I just thought of a great argument against crushing cars. It's like putting a convicted criminal on the chair, right? You can't bring them back later if they find new evidence that proves them innocent.
Doesn't stop them from killing dogs that bite the kid that beat the snot out of them. :(
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Post by black94boost »

I don't see how you can compare metal with a human life.
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

black94boost wrote:I don't see how you can compare metal with a human life.
You're on a car forum and you say that? :shock: I'm shocked.
Giant Robot
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Giant Robot »

black94boost wrote:You kids need to grow up.
Don't worry, there's always other kids that'll replace them. :)
A Famous Giant Robot.
GarySheehan
Master Standardshifter

Post by GarySheehan »

Leedeth wrote:
black94boost wrote:I don't see how you can compare metal with a human life.
You're on a car forum and you say that? :shock: I'm shocked.
Seriously, I get the feeling that many people are putting significantly more value on cars than the metal, plastic and rubber they are made up of. It doesn't matter if it's a Honda Civic or a Ferrari F50. It's just metal, plastic and rubber and the world will not come crashing down if these cars are removed from existence.

It's just a car. Get over it.