FIT vs RSX (Yup thats right)

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Evaunits01
Senior Standardshifter

FIT vs RSX (Yup thats right)

Post by Evaunits01 »

So i was listening to so music and get to a stop light. I felt happy from getting my christmas gift from my girl, so i was a little gas happy. Happens that i was next to a rsx. We were both going up the 101 ram in sf. The light turns green and i try to make a quick get away (For once i actually got it right when TRYING to do it) So i short shift to second and kept my car in its powerband. Neck and neck, than bam he mashes the gas and flys right past a cop. Needless to say i let go of the gas... (5k and dropping going at 40 ish) He gets pulled over for whatever the reason is and i drive away with my tail between my legs. (Although truthfully i wasn't trying to race and when it did happen i didnt think that i would be actually keeping up with him.. odd. I wasn't going WOT though. Oh well)
Honda Fit Sport Manual ^.^
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

sucks for him, lucky for you.

the k series in the rsx is nothing until it gets to 6k.

the other night some 2 kids my age were messing with the other cars on the road in their riced out blue civic with mismatched hubcaps. they started doing the same to me while i was in my bros prelude. i punched it a little and then slowed down to speed limit, next thing i know they're flying towards me, i downshift to 2nd, WOT it to 7900RPMs and they get to my rear fender before i pulled on them hard AGAIN before shifting into 3rd gear. they attempted the same thing twice but they couldn't catch up. i gave up and started going speed limit (city). next thing i know they're passing me by at a traffic light doing a ricer drive by.

later down the road they were pulled over :D
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

Hahaha, classic case of "VTAK just kicked in, yo!"
NjSi
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Civic Si (FG2)

Post by NjSi »

vedran wrote:sucks for him, lucky for you.

the k series in the rsx is nothing until it gets to 6k.

the other night some 2 kids my age were messing with the other cars on the road in their riced out blue civic with mismatched hubcaps. they started doing the same to me while i was in my bros prelude. i punched it a little and then slowed down to speed limit, next thing i know they're flying towards me, i downshift to 2nd, WOT it to 7900RPMs and they get to my rear fender before i pulled on them hard AGAIN before shifting into 3rd gear. they attempted the same thing twice but they couldn't catch up. i gave up and started going speed limit (city). next thing i know they're passing me by at a traffic light doing a ricer drive by.

later down the road they were pulled over :D
IMO when my car was stock which has the same motor as an rsx-s (K20 Z3) once the 2nd cam "hit" the car accelerated alot faster. 2nd cam engages at 5200 rpm, which leaves a little less than half of the rpm range to accelerate untill a shift is needed. So 6k not so much.

Throw in a Hondata Reflash and it pulls a shitload harder.

Throw in a supercharger and ....well....its fast.
Evaunits01
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Evaunits01 »

I was just surprised my fit was sticking close enough to the RSX. Good times good times. Now to make a quick get away before the popo on the forums gives me the lecture of doom. *weee*
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Glad you didn't get nailed by the cop. Gotta watch it out there.

A few days ago I raced an automatic Scion tC - kept pace with him through 3rd until we shut down for a red light without any issues. :)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Evaunits01
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Evaunits01 »

He he. It was fun. I wanna try actually launching my car hard, but i dont want to ruin anything. The process is to rev to 3k and let the clutch out right?
DocPHD
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '91 Camaro RS, '86 944

Post by DocPHD »

Evaunits01 wrote:The process is to rev to 3k and let the clutch out right?
the process is whatever the damn well you want it to be :) get to know the car, you won't hurt it too bad. if 3k seems weak, go for 3500. if that's weak, go 5k. if that spins your tires too much, go back down to 4k.

practice makes perfect, and play with that clutch a bit to get it just right...
GM CEO wrote: What is a Camaro? it's a small ferocious animal that eats Mustangs
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

I dunno about PS, but I'm choosing not to lecture somebody when they choose to be stupid. If they want to wipe somebody out and wind up in jail for life because they raced on the road, fine. I can't stop 'em, and jail can be a sobering experience for anybody. If somebody wants to kill themselves street racing, fine. I can't stop 'em, and the gene pool won't miss them.

'Nuff said.

Racing is for the track, which is why they're called "racetracks".
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
DocPHD
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '91 Camaro RS, '86 944

Post by DocPHD »

comingbackdown wrote:I dunno about PS, but I'm choosing not to lecture somebody when they choose to be stupid. If they want to wipe somebody out and wind up in jail for life because they raced on the road, fine. I can't stop 'em, and jail can be a sobering experience for anybody. If somebody wants to kill themselves street racing, fine. I can't stop 'em, and the gene pool won't miss them.

'Nuff said.

too late :lol:

lighten up, i'm sure most of the people here are smart enough not to street race, and the ones who aren't... well, they're too dumb to take some good advice anyway.
GM CEO wrote: What is a Camaro? it's a small ferocious animal that eats Mustangs
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

DocPHD wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:I dunno about PS, but I'm choosing not to lecture somebody when they choose to be stupid. If they want to wipe somebody out and wind up in jail for life because they raced on the road, fine. I can't stop 'em, and jail can be a sobering experience for anybody. If somebody wants to kill themselves street racing, fine. I can't stop 'em, and the gene pool won't miss them.

'Nuff said.

too late :lol:

lighten up, i'm sure most of the people here are smart enough not to street race, and the ones who aren't... well, they're too dumb to take some good advice anyway.
+1

I find nothing wrong with a fun little race to the speed limit (or even 10 above) from, say, a stop light. Hell, I've done it a few times in my Prizm against my friend's Hyundai Elantra ( :lol: ). I think some people just take what is widely accepted on these forums and, for whatever reason, apply it in the strictest sense in an attempt to sound wise. Of course actual street racing is dumb, but a little run from a red light is hardly any more dangerous than everyday driving and can be fun once in a while as long as you're responsible.