Driver Error

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
konvex1
Junior Standardshifter

Driver Error

Post by konvex1 »

Ok, so you know how people always talk about how a person lost a race bc of driver error, and b/c they didn't know how to drive their car...what are some of these errors? Like, is it not shifting fast enough? Or, what? I'm talking about drag racing. I want to know b/c I figure if I know the errors, I can pinpoint what to correct. Thanks.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

The two biggest places to mess up in drag racing are off the line, you either have too much wheelspin, or bog the engine down, both are bad, and the and then during the run, if you mis shift, say you go to slam it into 3rd, and you slam into the deadzone right in between 1st and 3rd.

Those are the two most fatal spots IMO.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Reaction time, possibly? (To add to what eagle said)
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Some of the more elusive "driver errors" are shifting too early or too late, which misses part of the powerband (knowing the car issue); bad traction, which leads to poor launches (knowing your tires and power issue); and shift time such as taking too long to change a gear, leading to too much time where power is not being transmitted to the ground, hurting your ET (knowing your transmission/clutch/engine issue). These are in addition to the "obvious" ones such as missing a gear, burning out on launch, poor reaction time, or blowing your engine.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT