My first attempt failed!

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Zinc Alloy
Junior Standardshifter

My first attempt failed!

Post by Zinc Alloy »

It was like something out of a movie, I pull up to a redlight and this white mustang GT (last generation) pulls up next to me. I knew what he wanted by the sound of his revving engine. I resist and the light goes green. As soon as it goes green I accelerate outta first shift to second perfectly (rarely happens to me) and am taking him in 2nd gear, then right when I'm about to shift to 3rd and smoke the guy my gf in the passenger seat says "Baby what are you doing, you're not going to race him are you?" *foot hits brake lightly* "No..." Meanwhile the ghostly GT next to me hits his 3rd gear which I could hear and I hear his engine whining as it passes me. I'll never know if I could have taken him now...stupid girlfriends but from what it looked like I could have taken him if I had actually gone into third and floored it. Sad first time for me. Now that ghost of a white mustang haunts me!
-07 Mustang GT
Can't touch me cause I'm cosmic!
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Post by black94boost »

Girls just don't understand fun :x
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

That's when you say "shut up b****...can't you see I'm racing here?!" :lol:

No really, it's dangerous enough to post here about your racing exploits for fear of the "OMG you stupid idiot don't you know racing's super illegal, immoral, and reckless?" postings, and even more dangerous for just one person, but you did the right thing. Better to not know and have nothing to explain later (at length) than to know and find the passenger seat empty for a few months. :(
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

Your girlfriend is smarter than you :P
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Nychold pretty much covered it - racing on the street seems like fun, but it will do nothing to impress the wifey. If you're going to race, do it on a track - without your girlfriend in the car. :)
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
papyrus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2006 Mazda3

Post by papyrus »

black94boost wrote:Girls just don't understand fun :x
Hey now!
Nychold wrote:That's when you say "shut up b****...can't you see I'm racing here?!" :lol:
Hey now, HEY NOW!

:lol:

Really, it is dangerous and the consequences just really aren't worth it. Accidents and injuries aside, tickets just aren't sexy. If you're determined to work out the street demons, find a track :)
from now on, we'll take 'here' to mean 'here i am, rock you like a hurricane.' mooninites ftw!
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

In Ontairo, theres a new law now that if you are caught going 50km/h over the posted speed limit, you are labelled as a street racer even if you are alone on the street and fine $10,000 and possible 6 months jail sentence and your car can be destroyed... =/ pretty ridiculous if you ask me....

slightly off topic.. but oh well :D
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

papyrus wrote:
black94boost wrote:Girls just don't understand fun :x
Hey now!
I will admit, there are girls that like to have fun... :twisted:

lol. but some girls like racing, I know Ironic liked to rally. that would be fun as hell.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

Sypher wrote:In Ontairo, theres a new law now that if you are caught going 50km/h over the posted speed limit, you are labelled as a street racer even if you are alone on the street and fine $10,000 and possible 6 months jail sentence and your car can be destroyed... =/ pretty ridiculous if you ask me....

Well, I can understand the law about 50 kmh over the limit. If they did that around here (about 30 over), there would be a LOT fewer speeders. At least excessive speeders. But destroy the car? :cry: Why? Impound, sure. Confiscate, okay. Auction off, wow that's a bummer. But destroying a car is like killing a dog for biting a boy that was abusing it. It's just dirty pool. :x
Sypher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Sypher »

Nychold wrote:
Sypher wrote:In Ontairo, theres a new law now that if you are caught going 50km/h over the posted speed limit, you are labelled as a street racer even if you are alone on the street and fine $10,000 and possible 6 months jail sentence and your car can be destroyed... =/ pretty ridiculous if you ask me....

Well, I can understand the law about 50 kmh over the limit. If they did that around here (about 30 over), there would be a LOT fewer speeders. At least excessive speeders. But destroy the car? :cry: Why? Impound, sure. Confiscate, okay. Auction off, wow that's a bummer. But destroying a car is like killing a dog for biting a boy that was abusing it. It's just dirty pool. :x
They're trying to "send a message across".... :roll: I know many people that are pissed off about this new law.... basically this whole damn law is officer's discretion...
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

paul34 wrote:Just like "anti-terrorism" laws, they are simply political ploys designed to boost the image of politicians in the sight of the feeble by alienating and persecuting a minority of citizens who are powerless or otherwise shunned from doing anything about it.
Sounds about right to me. The Fast and the Furious Patriot Act. :lol:
Computerman
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: Mazda 323 GT Wagon

Post by Computerman »

Johnf514 wrote:Nychold pretty much covered it - racing on the street seems like fun, but it will do nothing to impress the wifey.)
My wife is used to it by now. :twisted:
Johnf514 wrote:If you're going to race, do it on a track - without your girlfriend in the car. :)
We no longer have a drag or circuit track in my country (the gov't shut them down). So street racing is becoming more prevalant.
DocPHD
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '91 Camaro RS, '86 944

Post by DocPHD »

Johnf514 wrote:Nychold pretty much covered it - racing on the street seems like fun, but it will do nothing to impress the wifey.)If you're going to race, do it on a track - without your girlfriend in the car. :)
agreed... although you may think it's fun, poor girl is slapped in the passenger seat with no way to control your testosterone malfunction. next time tell her to get out and flag for you guys :lol:
GM CEO wrote: What is a Camaro? it's a small ferocious animal that eats Mustangs
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Street racing is stupid, and it's illegal for a reason.

If you'd gotten into an accident, who would've been hurt?
Yep, you got it. Not just you, but your girlfriend as well.

If you're gonna have a testosterone soaked dumbass moment, don't put a passenger at risk, and stay off the road. Go to a track.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Nychold
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nychold »

comingbackdown wrote:Street racing is stupid, and it's illegal for a reason.

If you'd gotten into an accident, who would've been hurt?
Yep, you got it. Not just you, but your girlfriend as well.

If you're gonna have a testosterone soaked dumbass moment, don't put a passenger at risk, and stay off the road. Go to a track.
Computerman wrote:We no longer have a drag or circuit track in my country (the gov't shut them down). So street racing is becoming more prevalant.

And this is happening all over America, too. They shut down a track, and more street racing pops up. So they toughen the laws on street racing (even to the point where watching it is illegal in Orlando), and more just keeps popping up.

If the government wants to stop (or at the very least minimize) street racing, they need MORE race tracks, MORE race events, MORE everything. But, by their current track, it's obvious they don't.