Scion tC vs. Nissan 350z

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

vedran wrote:a turbo kit on that van would stop everyone's chuckling
not mine, I'd laugh my f**k ass off if a 350Z got beat by a sleeper minivan.

that would be funny as shit
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

zender05 wrote:
Obsidianice wrote:
paul34 wrote: What's so funny about that?
+1 the tC really isn't bad looking and is a pretty well laid out vehicle in all aspects. It has an up an coming aftermarket scene. It's a pretty good platform to work with.
True, but it's still a high-polar moment fwd economy car. Bad platform if you want to make it a performance car. Great if you just want to have fun! (I drive one by the way, so I'm not trying to insult you or anything)

thats what i was getting at...i just didnt want to step on anyones toes...
Obsidianice
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Obsidianice »

Paolo300zx wrote:
zender05 wrote:
Obsidianice wrote: +1 the tC really isn't bad looking and is a pretty well laid out vehicle in all aspects. It has an up an coming aftermarket scene. It's a pretty good platform to work with.
True, but it's still a high-polar moment fwd economy car. Bad platform if you want to make it a performance car. Great if you just want to have fun! (I drive one by the way, so I'm not trying to insult you or anything)

thats what i was getting at...i just didnt want to step on anyones toes...
True enough, I for one wasn't getting riled. Was just curious. I don't so much agree that it's a bad platform to work with. I will say I'm biased however, i drive a 4 door FWD family sedan ( 2 of em actually) one of which started life as a 190bhp but has more than doubled that and will hang hang with and beat a very large number of sports cars, but i can definitely concede it's not the ideal platform to start out with but economy car, luxury car, FWD, RWD it can definitely still become a "sports car". That being said....Buster, did you use a good primer on the wheels? That's one of the most important things if you're going to paint rims. Need to apply a really good primer, not just an average one. You want high heat duplicolor and a high temp primer. I know a former coworker that used to paint friends wheels dirt cheap using that stuff and i can attest to it working pretty dang well. I don't remember what exact primer he used though, I worked with him good 2 years though and he'd painted and i never saw any flaking or cracking.
1991 Nissan Maxima
1996 Infiniti I30t..turbocharged
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

Good primer eh? I'm thinking about sanding/painting my wheels...what primer would you suggest?
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

zender05 wrote:Good primer eh? I'm thinking about sanding/painting my wheels...what primer would you suggest?
+1 I was hoping to go chrome lip with black chrome spokes, but not sure how that would work. :)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

Nychold wrote:
zender05 wrote:Good primer eh? I'm thinking about sanding/painting my wheels...what primer would you suggest?
+1 I was hoping to go chrome lip with black chrome spokes, but not sure how that would work. :)
That'd be interesting...but that chrome lip would take some serious man hours...oui...(remembering days of buffing and polishing intake plenums)...

I know that when we were all together at the lazy moon, everyone was hating on gold rims...(or was that online, here?)...but I really like gold rims... :oops:... I think I will paint mine gold.
Zguy
Junior Standardshifter

Post by Zguy »

[quote="Nychold"]A turbo kit would stop his chuckling. ;)[/quote]

A turbo kit didnt stop my chuckling after putting down a turboed civic on my stock 07 Z :twisted:
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Zguy wrote:
Nychold wrote:A turbo kit would stop his chuckling. ;)
A turbo kit didnt stop my chuckling after putting down a turboed civic on my stock 07 Z :twisted:
Uhh...it's a CIVIC, bro. ;) ;)
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
snikro
Senior Standardshifter

Post by snikro »

Johnf514 wrote:Oh dear - look what Toyota has done to the new Scion xB. :|

650 MORE POUNDS!!! Why do cars just keep getting fatter and heavier??? :evil:
'73 Schwinn Suburban
'85 Honda Aero 50 (Sold)

eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

because thats how america is.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Nychold wrote:
Zguy wrote:
Nychold wrote:A turbo kit would stop his chuckling. ;)
Uhh...it's a CIVIC, bro. ;) ;)
:lol:

Yeah, I wouldn't brag about that. Well, maybe I would if I beat one, since my car is 13 years old and has 100 HP. But, for the rest of y'all, that's nothing to brag about.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

that would be someting to brag about if I beat one, but a 350Z should spank civics with a snowplow on the front.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Post by black94boost »

Zguy wrote:A turbo kit didnt stop my chuckling after putting down a turboed civic on my stock 07 Z :twisted:
Heh, a turbo D series engine with stock internals would give you 180hp 170 tq if tuned correctly at 8 lbs of boost. A stock Z has 300hp 260 tq
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

black94boost wrote:
Zguy wrote:A turbo kit didnt stop my chuckling after putting down a turboed civic on my stock 07 Z :twisted:
Heh, a turbo D series engine with stock internals would give you 180hp 170 tq if tuned correctly at 8 lbs of boost. A stock Z has 300hp 260 tq
Ouch... That's definitely not something to brag about...
Although it is fun to occasionally whip the hell out of a car with a little over half the horsepower of your own. That's how you make a driver cry...
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

comingbackdown wrote:
black94boost wrote:
Ouch... That's definitely not something to brag about...
Although it is fun to occasionally whip the hell out of a car with a little over half the horsepower of your own. That's how you make a driver cry...
and im sure you've done this?