3g Eclipse v.s. 2g uber ricer

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mits Evo MR

3g Eclipse v.s. 2g uber ricer

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

I was driving home today after getting back into town, and I pulled up to a stop light and there was a 2nd gen White eclipse with an ENORMOUS muffler on it. I had music blasting and I could still hear the stupid thing idling. He starts revving like he is going to launch (we are going to be turning left) and starts off around the corner. I decide to put the punk in his place and get along side of him and punch it. I get up to 60 and bounce off the rev-limiter (this is in a 35 zone) and decide that we (I mean "I" because the loser was way behind me... 8) )need to cool it and that we've pushed it far enough. And guess what happens he slows down and does a ricer fly-by...and white smoke blasts out of his muffler as he drove past me at oh...4mph. I believe that this was a gs and not a turbocharged GST or GSX because the match would have been more even if it had been, instead of the slaughter that it was. I couldn't tell because he had debadged it. (I wish I was so cool) I feel sorry for the guy's car though. You don't try to show off when your car is in that bad of shape.

Yet another ricer-punk dispensed with.
2010 Evo X MR- Rally Red :http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3863366
mesaboogie18
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 VW GTI 1.8T 5speed

Post by mesaboogie18 »

It would have been even sweeter had the 2G that raced you had this happen to him like the 2G ricer in this vid.

2gRice vs BMW
What's left of that engine
2004 VW GTI 1.8T

"Forgiveness is between them and God...I arrange the meeting"
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Post by black94boost »

mesaboogie18 wrote:It would have been even sweeter had the 2G that raced you had this happen to him like the 2G ricer in this vid.

2gRice vs BMW
What's left of that engine
I bet the guy in the M3 is still laughing about that now. I don't like the color of the M3 though. :?
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Oh my god...:lol: :lol: That video is funny and tragic. That Eclipse actually looked pretty fast until he threw a rod, or whatever the crap he did to it. :shock:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
mesaboogie18
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mesaboogie18 »

The passenger that was filming had such a Brokeback Mountain accent too! I hate people that try to race another car that is fast. He revved it up and held it while it bounced off the rev limiter AND dropped the clutch at redline. I think that was either a GST, GSX, or a GS with an aftermarket turbo. I'd say it's a stock turbo b/c of the leather seats, but my friend had a GS with tan leather, although the idiot in the vid did have a GST spoiler.
2004 VW GTI 1.8T

tobigooddog

Post by tobigooddog »

I played games with a Mini Cooper today, it was fun! :) Started when I stopped behind him at a light and noticed a 'bend the rules, rule the bends' window sticker. Rule the bends, he better be a stickshifter! Those cars look like they are so much fun to drive.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

one of my friends has one, and she says she loves it. its a slushie though.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
mesaboogie18
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mesaboogie18 »

If I had a Mini cooper I'd be too tempted to drive under semi trucks like the cars from the Fast and the Furious and by the time I go under, I'll realize that the cooper is small, but it aint THAT small. :(
2004 VW GTI 1.8T

OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

my neighbor has a Mini Cooper S and he has let me drive it a couple times. I like how it feels connected to the road, but as far as speed it's nothing special even with the little supercharger. I like the torquey feeling mine has...the Mini just...drives...handles like a dream, but thats about all. Its cramped as hell too.

And I woulda laughed if dingus blew his engine like that guy did... :P
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

yeah, they aren't that fast, but supposeldy handle rela well. My friend says they took theirs to a speedway, and got it up to 180, and then blew out the clutch. I just ignore him, because I htink hes a pathological liar. Last year he told me he was going to a rolling stones concert, and had backstage passes. The night he said he went, I looked, and there wasn't even a stones concert. They didn't even have a tour going on at the time.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

There isn't a chance in hell that a stock Mini could get up to 180mph....I think more people than not make up stories about their top speed exploits.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Post by Perpetuus »

I'm six feet two. My previous attempts to fit in a mini cooper has led me to believe that it's a roomy car- if I was a double legged amputee. :roll:
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

LoL :lol:

However, the new ones are supposed to be able to fit 7 footers. They had a marketing campaign that had pictures of NBA players in them. Not comfortably, but able to drive.
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Post by Perpetuus »

zender05 wrote:LoL :lol:

However, the new ones are supposed to be able to fit 7 footers. They had a marketing campaign that had pictures of NBA players in them. Not comfortably, but able to drive.
As much as the new car is improved in terms of ride and interior space, I still think it's WAY too expensive for such a small car with so little practicality. You have to really love minis to pay so much for a car like that. It's not uncommon to find a Mini Cooper S that would cost as much-if not more than my GTI. I'll stick with my GTI. :wink:
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

definitely not the first eclipse that's thrown a rod or otherwise not held up under extra boost. a friend of a friend of mine threw rods at least twice on his 97 gsx with its overboosted stage 2 or 3 turbo. try beefing up the internals first :o :roll:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.