3g Eclipse v.s. 2g uber ricer

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

Now, I have a question. In the first video, the guy obviously knew what happened. Right after it happened. So, did he learn from this mistake, and buy forged pistons to replace, or did he just replace it with the same, stock pistons? I didn't see any replacement parts in the second video, so I'm guessing they were just surveying the damage. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

nah, they usually don't learn from their mistakes. i don't know too many dsmers who actually know what they're doing. they like to go around talking about how mitsu engines are better than hondas, and then next thing you know the eclipse is off the road and they're stuck driving around in their beater again :? .
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

"ohhh my god was that my car?!"
"ya"
"was that the engine!"
"ya"

BAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

idiot.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

man i hate that sh*t. the 2g eclipse is a really nice car but 99% of them are riced out so bad. if i had one, i'd get the AWD one with an EVO IX engine painted black with (gasp) the stock body and no graphics.and an oval can muffler with a tip no bigger than 3".
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
OzZyMaN2438
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Mits Evo MR

Post by OzZyMaN2438 »

The 2g engines actually have a lot of problems even compared to the 4g63 in the 1g (and Evo). They suffer from crankwalk and it is a very common problem with the 7 bolt engines (the one in the 1g is called a 6bolt because of the number of bolts securing the engine to the flywheel). The end of the crank comes out of play and literally chews up the motor. If you or anyone you know has a 2g Eclipse, tell them to beware because this is a VERY common problem and there is no known fix for it.
2010 Evo X MR- Rally Red :http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3863366
Nervous
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nervous »

I don't know, I think the Debadged Style looks very sleek and clean. I wouldn't mind doing it to my car, but it REALLY depends on what color and what car I'd be doing it to.
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

Perpetuus wrote:As much as the new car is improved in terms of ride and interior space, I still think it's WAY too expensive for such a small car with so little practicality. You have to really love minis to pay so much for a car like that. It's not uncommon to find a Mini Cooper S that would cost as much-if not more than my GTI. I'll stick with my GTI. :wink:
Yeah GTI!
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Re: 3g Eclipse v.s. 2g uber ricer

Post by mtheis »

kamanthy wrote:Will the Sony Xperia X1 work on American wireless 3g network? I'm planning on purchasing this phone later this month unlocked from a vendor a year prior to the official north american release. I know the phone itself will work with T-mobile or AT&T it's a SIM phone. I'm just wondering if the wireless 3g internet will work in north america?
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Post by Leedeth »

kamanthy wrote:Will the Sony Xperia X1 work on American wireless 3g network? I'm planning on purchasing this phone later this month unlocked from a vendor a year prior to the official north american release. I know the phone itself will work with T-mobile or AT&T it's a SIM phone. I'm just wondering if the wireless 3g internet will work in north america?
I am 12 and I work at sony.
fa22raptorf22
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 SSM Acura RSX

Post by fa22raptorf22 »

Id have fun messing with him with this lol:

or

LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Re:

Post by LHOswald »

OzZyMaN2438 wrote:The 2g engines actually have a lot of problems even compared to the 4g63 in the 1g (and Evo). They suffer from crankwalk and it is a very common problem with the 7 bolt engines (the one in the 1g is called a 6bolt because of the number of bolts securing the engine to the flywheel). The end of the crank comes out of play and literally chews up the motor. If you or anyone you know has a 2g Eclipse, tell them to beware because this is a VERY common problem and there is no known fix for it.
i don't know how many people i've told about this, and they all say im an idiot and don't know what i am talking about. this makes me laugh hysterically and they all think im being a conceited asshole. all i have to say is

fa22raptorf22
Master Standardshifter

Post by fa22raptorf22 »

Walk crank walk!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my, i gotta change my pants now
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

That RSX sounded nice :o . Sucks they stopped making them. I prefer the RSX style over the TSX.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
fa22raptorf22
Master Standardshifter

Post by fa22raptorf22 »

FDSpirit wrote:That RSX sounded nice :o . Sucks they stopped making them. I prefer the RSX style over the TSX.
Hell yeah!!

Since my base died :( Im gonna save a few extra and get a preferably white, 2006 s type. Last year made.