Me vs. Mazda 3

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Me vs. Mazda 3

Post by eaglecatcher »

I was at a stoplight after getting my tire fixed today, and I revved at this woman, probably in her late 20's. I didn't rev at her, but just in general, and she was following me, so I turned off a street, and she followed me. I stopped at a stop sign, and went, she just kept following me, and caught up, and was weaving back and forth, like the NASCAR drivers do when they're going kind of slow, and I was just cruising, so I was like "f**k this". I downshifted from 4-2 at 45mph, floored it, and I was gone. I stopped at the next stop sign, and she finally caught up, and pulled up beside me, and I looked at her, and she just gave a look like "fine" and then drove off. It was pretty funny.

nobody messes with me.

lol
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Nervous
Master Standardshifter

Re: Me vs. Mazda 3

Post by Nervous »

eaglecatcher wrote:I was at a stoplight after getting my tire fixed today, and I revved at this woman, probably in her late 20's. I didn't rev at her, but just in general, and she was following me, so I turned off a street, and she followed me. I stopped at a stop sign, and went, she just kept following me, and caught up, and was weaving back and forth, like the NASCAR drivers do when they're going kind of slow, and I was just cruising, so I was like "suck this". I downshifted from 4-2 at 45mph, floored it, and I was gone. I stopped at the next stop sign, and she finally caught up, and pulled up beside me, and I looked at her, and she just gave a look like "fine" and then drove off. It was pretty funny.

nobody messes with me.

lol
Hah! I do that NASCAR Weave ALL the time when the dude in front of me feels like going slow. I feel like a champ :lol: :lol: :lol:
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

Nervous wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:I was at a stoplight after getting my tire fixed today, and I revved at this woman, probably in her late 20's. I didn't rev at her, but just in general, and she was following me, so I turned off a street, and she followed me. I stopped at a stop sign, and went, she just kept following me, and caught up, and was weaving back and forth, like the NASCAR drivers do when they're going kind of slow, and I was just cruising, so I was like "suck this". I downshifted from 4-2 at 45mph, floored it, and I was gone. I stopped at the next stop sign, and she finally caught up, and pulled up beside me, and I looked at her, and she just gave a look like "fine" and then drove off. It was pretty funny.

nobody messes with me.

lol
Hah! I do that NASCAR Weave ALL the time when the dude in front of me feels like going slow. I feel like a champ :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol I don't weave but I do find myself going half way into the left shoulder on the highway and high-beaming people to get the fcuk out the way. sometimes they get it, most times they don't. :?
black94boost
Master Standardshifter

Post by black94boost »

eaglecatcher wrote:I downshifted from 4-2 at 45mph, floored it, and I was gone.
Wow, 45mph in 2nd gear is like redline for me, well almost. Maybe she wasn't really racing? :P
What'cha gonna do when we come for you?
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

PureLife wrote:...but I do find myself going half way into the left shoulder on the highway and high-beaming people to get the fcuk out the way. sometimes they get it, most times they don't. :?
haha. If you do that here, you would be brake-checked like nobody's business. Or you'll get shot. Either way, you lose.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Good for you. Blah blah blah, you hope an earthquake separates us from the rest of the United States, or better yet, you hope it sinks us, blah blah blah, whatever. You wish California never became part of the United States, blah blah blah. We're a bunch of pansies, blah blah blah. Bring it on, I've heard them all. I'm proud to be an American, but I guess that doesn't matter because in your eyes, I'm not part of America.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

six wrote:Good for you. Blah blah blah, you hope an earthquake separates us from the rest of the United States, or better yet, you hope it sinks us, blah blah blah, whatever. You wish California never became part of the United States, blah blah blah. We're a bunch of pansies, blah blah blah. Bring it on, I've heard them all. I'm proud to be an American, but I guess that doesn't matter because in your eyes, I'm not part of America.
Touché. No, wait...I spelled that wrong. Touchie. There, that's better. ;)

Seriously six, relax. How do you think we proud Floridians felt after our whole state went on parade in front of the whole world and said we couldn't even vote correctly? Or that Florida is the wang of the US? We're a laughing stock too, but who cares? No reason to get all mopey about it. :lol:

To OP: :lol: :lol: I do the same thing when I'm tailgated by some twit. And it's usually a chick in an SUV with a cellphone or something. I just drop it a gear and trounce the accelerator. Problem is, I usually chicken out 15-20 over the limit, back off, and they come flying back up on me. *sigh* It's a lose-lose for me. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

six wrote:
PureLife wrote:...but I do find myself going half way into the left shoulder on the highway and high-beaming people to get the fcuk out the way. sometimes they get it, most times they don't. :?
haha. If you do that here, you would be brake-checked like nobody's business. Or you'll get shot. Either way, you lose.
I'm surprised that the state of California hasn't come out with an announcement that using high-beams has been known to give us cancer. :lol:
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

I dunno if she was racing, I think she was just playing with me, but when I left her in the dust, I think she gave up.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

eaglecatcher wrote:weaving back and forth, like the NASCAR drivers do when they're going kind of slow, and I was just cruising, so I was like "suck this". I downshifted from 4-2 at 45mph, floored it, and I was gone.
nice lol. i thought i was the only one with silly habits like the nascar weave
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

I do it sometimes, but I'd rather take a corner at 30mph.

The other day, I forgot I was going to turn, and forgot to brake, so I took at 90 degree turn at 40mph. That was interesting. I got some mad understeer, so I lifted off, and then got back on the gas, and it settled in. I perfectly nailed the apex too, which probably kept me on the road.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs