Corolla vs Echo

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Corolla vs Echo

Post by eaglecatcher »

I was at baseball practice today, and two guys pulled up next to eachother on the street next to our field, one in a corolla, one in an Echo. Both looked pretty new, and then they floored it to race. I was like "WTF, learn how to race launch" because they didn't even do a Neutral drop or anything, they just floored it. The corolla had the lead off the line, but it may have been because he said go. Regardless, I think I could have outran them on my bike they were so slow.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Brass
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Tacoma X-Runner

Post by Brass »

Man, I'd push 40 with the Montego and leave them both in the dust for trying to act hard with such crappy cars lol.
:) God Bless
.......Yay my avy workz!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

they were both completely stock too, which is the bad thing. even our baseball coaches were like "dude, who races a corolla!?"
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

ahahahahhahahahahaha :lol:

toyota drivers are funny. :wink:
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
Nervous
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nervous »

VTECaddict wrote:ahahahahhahahahahaha :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I think you meant...."All Toyota drivers..except Supra owners...are funny :wink: "
hockeystyx16
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 95 probe GT

Post by hockeystyx16 »

racing in a corolla is like special olympics, even if u win ur still retarded.
-Roman
95 Probelem GT
VTECaddict
Master Standardshifter

Post by VTECaddict »

Nervous wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I think you meant...."All Toyota drivers..except Supra owners...are funny :wink: "
ok, got a point there. :P
2006 BMW 330i 6MT
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Re: Corolla vs Echo

Post by Tinton »

eaglecatcher wrote:I was at baseball practice today, and two guys pulled up next to eachother on the street next to our field, one in a corolla, one in an Echo. Both looked pretty new, and then they floored it to race. I was like "WTF, learn how to race launch" because they didn't even do a Neutral drop or anything, they just floored it. The corolla had the lead off the line, but it may have been because he said go. Regardless, I think I could have outran them on my bike they were so slow.
Neutral drops? Are you serious? You must mean clutch dumps... because neutral drops in autos are VERY VERY bad and should be avoided. You race launch an auto you gotta hold the brake to the floor, hit the gas as much as you can without moving, then when it comes time to go, dump the brake. That's the best way to race an auto.

I don't even know how you'd know if they were racing... Corollas and Echoes I've seen don't make much noise, even at higher rpms, so you couldn't of heard them. And, they're pretty slow cars, I don't think you'd notice if they floored it :lol:
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

More like Honda drivers...I see MANY more riced out Civics and other Hondas that drive around like they have mad tyte drifting skillz, that, along with the stupid fartcans, is hilarious! :lol:
G4M3JUNKY
Senior Standardshifter

Post by G4M3JUNKY »

Tinton wrote:

More like Honda drivers...I see MANY more riced out Civics and other Hondas that drive around like they have mad tyte drifting skillz, that, along with the stupid fartcans, is hilarious! :lol:
not all us honda owners are like that. and yes i admit my car is slow but it gets me around and honda is one if not the most reliable cars out there and it gets me from point A to point B without a problem so dont hate. :lol:
2002 Honda Civic LX Coupe
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Brass wrote:Man, I'd push 40 with the Montego and leave them both in the dust for trying to act hard with such crappy cars lol.
Why? Because we aren't entitled to have some fun? How'd you like it if I was rich and had a Gallardo and said that those Montego guys race their cars? lol thats so crappy and stupid? loloololol! :x
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
Tinton
Master Standardshifter

Post by Tinton »

G4M3JUNKY wrote:
Tinton wrote:

not all us honda owners are like that. and yes i admit my car is slow but it gets me around and honda is one if not the most reliable cars out there and it gets me from point A to point B without a problem so dont hate. :lol:
lol, probably 90% of cars out there (Honda or not) have no problem getting you from point A to point B. Hell, I'm driving a pos (if you can't insult/laugh at your own car/choice in cars then you're too serious, :lol: ) with 150k miles and 21 years on it and it goes point a to b just fine, with some abuse thrown in too. Its just that you always hear about the lemons the most...

And I agree, most Honda owners are not like that. But, there are just so many Hondas on the road that there are naturally a lot of ricey ones representing. I'd bet that the ratio of ricey Hondas / total number of Hondas isn't that high.

And my point is still valid. There are more ricey Hondas than Toyotas. I'd be willing to wager that there are about the same number of Toyotas on the road as Hondas...but you see a LOT more riced Hondas.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

Tinton wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:I was at baseball practice today, and two guys pulled up next to eachother on the street next to our field, one in a corolla, one in an Echo. Both looked pretty new, and then they floored it to race. I was like "WTF, learn how to race launch" because they didn't even do a Neutral drop or anything, they just floored it. The corolla had the lead off the line, but it may have been because he said go. Regardless, I think I could have outran them on my bike they were so slow.
Neutral drops? Are you serious? You must mean clutch dumps... because neutral drops in autos are VERY VERY bad and should be avoided. You race launch an auto you gotta hold the brake to the floor, hit the gas as much as you can without moving, then when it comes time to go, dump the brake. That's the best way to race an auto.

I don't even know how you'd know if they were racing... Corollas and Echoes I've seen don't make much noise, even at higher rpms, so you couldn't of heard them. And, they're pretty slow cars, I don't think you'd notice if they floored it :lol:
If I was gonna race in a slushie, I would probably either do a neutral drop, from like 2krpm, or use the handbrake and the footbrake, rev up to 2k, and on go, drop both brakes.

You know how I knew they were racing, they pulled up next to eachother with their flashers on, talked for a sec, and then they both did a little rev thing, and floored it at the same time, and went down the street side by side. It was pretty pathetic though.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

eaglecatcher wrote:If I was gonna race in a slushie, I would probably either do a neutral drop, from like 2krpm, or use the handbrake and the footbrake, rev up to 2k, and on go, drop both brakes.
Best way to launch in an automatic is to stay in drive, hold down the brakes, and rev to around 2500-3000 RPMs. Once you're ready to launch, just release the brakes and roll on the throttle. That way, you don't break traction and already have a head start on the other guy.

"Neutral drops" are very hard on the transmission and only serve to burn out the tires. In a racing application, the time it takes for your transmission to sync up will cost you precious time.

Disclaimer: I do not condone racing on public roads.
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
kvanderlaag
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kvanderlaag »

Be nice to Toyota drivers. They're not 'funny' really. Most of them are aging soccer moms who don't want to pay for gas, and get the kids around in a nice, cheap, comfortable car.

And obviously, I think we're forgetting about the AE86 GT-S and the AE85 SR5 when we make fun of Corollas.

Then we get into old Celicas, and Supras of any vintage, and there's nothing really shameful about those.

I like to pretend the Celica didn't happen after 1985. =)

But wow...Corolla and an Echo trying to race...stock...

I would've been hard pressed to stop myself from showing them who's boss!
-Keegan
82 Celica Supra (black, 7M-GE swap)
84 Celica GT-S (black, indestructible)