'98 Mustang vs '05 Civic Hybrid

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
La Porta
Senior Standardshifter

Post by La Porta »

Same here - plus Mustangs have really good frontal collision safety ratings. Also Mustang is not all that impractical (probably most practical out of all American sports cars, which is why it outsells them), and folding seats in the rear take care of the trunk space.
You are right, I forgot about the folding seats...I don't have them with the convertible...and yeah, the rear seats do let ya take others, which helps.
Before you get any ideas, i'm from NY...I don't have a southern accent.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I just use my backseats as my shelf pretty much, because I can only take 1 passenger in most situations, but I do put my backpack and baseball gear in the trunk though. The trunk is actually bigger than I thought it'd be. The opening is pretty small, but the actual amount of space isn't all that bad.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
DocPHD
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: '91 Camaro RS, '86 944

Post by DocPHD »

La Porta wrote:Old people cars have all of that because the old people have the "bigger is better" mentality of old. That was status back then, the huge crown victorias and lincoln towncars. And a V8 was a huge deal because back in the way old days, only the rich could afford them.

Personally I like bigger cars like my Mustang too cause it is reminiscent of the American muscle style: large engine, large body, not so much passenger room or trunk space. In other words: an impractical waste :)
personally i look at it this way.
what car does every muscle car lover cream his/her pants for? 99 out of a 100 times it's a 1960 or 1970 something possibly big block, torque monster, powerful enough to run a small town, and getting 5 gallons to the mile.

a 60 or 70 something year old man or woman saw these cars when they were brand new, about when they started getting the kind of cars they wanted instead of what was cheapest, so a lot of them have owned (and possibly wrecked) quite a few cars like this. why is it a suprise that they want power, if that's what they're used to?
GM CEO wrote: What is a Camaro? it's a small ferocious animal that eats Mustangs