Saturn SL2 vs. C5 Corvette

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Saturn SL2 vs. C5 Corvette

Post by Tinton »

Oh man, this surprised the $hit out of me today!

I was running errands in my Dad's automatic Saturn SL2, beating on it as usual (shifting it like a manual, revving to redline, etc). I came up upon this light and I had to turn left, there were 2 left-turn lanes and a Corvette was in 1 of them. The light turned green as I approached so I gave it some gas, hit the brakes hard, and went around the turn as fast as I'm comfortable in that FWD sedan, squealing some tires! :twisted: Next up are a series of curves and hills...and I'm surprised, the Corvette actually challenged me! ME! IN MY FAST AS HELL SEDAN! :lol: I redlined 2nd and went up to like 5k in 3rd sloshing that Saturn with 110k miles on through the corners, and I couldn't shake the Vette. Next we come to a straightaway and I flog that DOHC 4-cylinder all the way to 6700 rpms and the Vette just pulls like its nothing. Next series of corners I barely kept up. Stupid Corvettes think they're kings of the road :evil: . I got my ass handed to me, but I still managed to keep up most of the way, lol. It was fun :D
Nervous
Master Standardshifter

Post by Nervous »

Corvettes FTW! I'd love to drive one, they pull like there's no tomorrow. I saw this video once, this guy from this corvette forum had posted it. He was racing an STI, from a rolling start from 50. Anyway, the Corvette is probably in 4th at this point, and as soon as the 3 horns start, the STI drops it into 3rd and launches forward, but the Corvette kept it in 3rd and that guy pulled from 50-80 quicker than I can pull from 1-20.

Edit: I do believe he was SC'ed though :P
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

I would love to have a vette one day. I'm not crazy about the looks, although the new ones are much better, but they are apparently one of the best american sports cars out there.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
mulvihill
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mulvihill »

i love corvettes, theyre so fast and they arent actually that expensive considering the way they seem to drive. not that i couldever afford one. :lol:
0-60 in.......still counting....
Crim
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Crim »

Yea, the Z06 is probably the best deal out there for a supercar. Biggest bang for your buck.