4 Speed 460 V:S 3 speed Auto 454

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

4 Speed 460 V:S 3 speed Auto 454

Post by Dusty »

ok, heres how we do thing is the country...guy was shootin his mouth off at the bar last night about how HIS chevy will beat any Ford ever made....well ive got the biggest truck, let alone Ford in town so i accepted his challange and hooked a tow chain to the bumper of his 88 stock 1 ton to my lifted built F-150 with 1 ton everything and 4.10 gears and a 460. well, i draged him a good 100 feet, he was spinning all 4 wheels, and though my trucks hubs were locked (they rarely arent) i dident have the 4x4 enguaged, so in 2 wheel drive i kicked his butt.
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
kvanderlaag
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kvanderlaag »

Good old tug of war!

Man, I dislike Fords, but I gotta hand it to them in a few cases.
-Keegan
82 Celica Supra (black, 7M-GE swap)
84 Celica GT-S (black, indestructible)
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

ive been a Ford tough guy my whole like, never cared for chevy that much, though i've had a dodge or two
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
Johnf514
Cars: '07 Mazda3, '06 Ninja 636

Post by Johnf514 »

Too bad his bumper didn't come off. :roll: :wink:

See? We don't need street racing, people! If two people want to race, simply run a chain between both tow bars on each modded up car and pull each other in opposite directions! It's safe, no one is on the road, and the winner is decided in 100 ft, not 1000 ft. :D
2007 Mazda3
Mods: 15% tint, Eibach ProKit
2006 Ninja 636
Mods: NOS & sidecar
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Johnf514 wrote:Too bad his bumper didn't come off. :roll: :wink:

See? We don't need street racing, people! If two people want to race, simply run a chain between both tow bars on each modded up car and pull each other in opposite directions! It's safe, no one is on the road, and the winner is decided in 100 ft, not 1000 ft. :D

What if the chain snaps and you have a ricer with a front spoiler cut a guy in half? thats not very safe John. :wink:
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

somehow i doubt a 5/8th" thick logging chain is going to snap too easly, and i hooked up to my solid bar stock bummper, and to his class 4 reciver hitch...both hooked to the frame of the truck. the week poing becomes the ammount of toruqe applied to the ground, a ashphalt parking lot.
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Dusty wrote:somehow i doubt a 5/8th" thick logging chain is going to snap too easly, and i hooked up to my solid bar stock bummper, and to his class 4 reciver hitch...both hooked to the frame of the truck. the week poing becomes the ammount of toruqe applied to the ground, a ashphalt parking lot.

Well, i wasnt worried about you guys doing it with your trucks, but if the ricers did what john said, it might not work out too well :lol:
TomCivic
Senior Standardshifter

Post by TomCivic »

The only bad Ford, is an abused one. But seriously, since you have him chained like that I would havent taken him for a little spin :wink:. lol jk, then it really would be worse than drag racing.
2001 Civic Ex Rallye Red
VTEC BABAY
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

no that is DRAG racing...draging his dumb a$$ around the parking lot and proving that chevy's arent the only big boys on the block, us Ford guys know how to play ball too!
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
sparkplug188
Senior Standardshifter

Post by sparkplug188 »

Last edited by sparkplug188 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LS1Leader
Master Standardshifter

Post by LS1Leader »

Engine pics!
Paolo300zx
Master Standardshifter

Post by Paolo300zx »

Nice trucks Sparky! they both look really clean, and its kool that yours is a standard tranny!

I dont know much about trucks, but in the unlikely event that i did get one id get a dodge ram, or dakota, for the simple reason that personally, i like the look of them the best. But im not sure if they are worse or better than another truck out there
Dusty
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Dusty »

i dont mean to bust on a fellow Ford owner, but i dont personaly care for the look of the newer F-150, the 250's look fine and i vove that 7.3 Power stroke but i dont like the sloping front end of the newer F-150's, i like the older, Per 96 looking fron ends, they not only "look" beefer the sheet metal seems to be stonger too. that said the newer trucks do seem to ride so much smoother that the older ones, i work at a Ford Steelership, so i get to drive the new trucks all the time. now that said, the older truck, while they dont ride as nice on the road, handel a whole lot better off roading, especly with that big beefy sold axel up fron insted of that stupid IFS
Found Off Road Daily
1992 Ford Bronco 5.0 4x4
jory543
Master Standardshifter

Post by jory543 »

sparkplug188 wrote:
I couldn't help notice you saying "ok, heres how we do thing is the country..." yet your location is New York--please explain.
hey not all of New York state is the city! There is still the whole upstate, and there is plenty of country up here!
violinandbass87

Post by violinandbass87 »

dusty lives in willet...in the country (we've talked on yahoo when i still had yahoo...)
lol