being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

is the drifting UP the garage spiral ramp REAL? if so... :shock: props.
FREE ROMAN!
scion_xA
Senior Standardshifter

Post by scion_xA »

Yeah, that was real and was done by Rhys Millen
2006 Scion xA
Mods: TRD Short Shifter
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

All of the drifting in the movie is real.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
MasCrat
Junior Standardshifter

Post by MasCrat »

bklynvw wrote: i think this drifting buisness is even more dangurus then street racing.
I agree... :D
But drifting is cool...

Anyway, I was thinking of drifting at turns..

1. is it easy to drift?
2. are there basics that we must know?
3. can my AE85 Trueno drift?
Albert - CMC
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

MasCrat wrote: Anyway, I was thinking of drifting at turns..

1. is it easy to drift? no
2. are there basics that we must know? yes
3. can my AE85 Trueno drift?not unless you know what you're doing
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

MasCrat wrote:3. can my AE85 Trueno drift?
Can it drift? Yes. Can you drift it? Probably not.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

MasCrat wrote:
bklynvw wrote: i think this drifting buisness is even more dangurus then street racing.
I agree... :D
But drifting is cool...

Anyway, I was thinking of drifting at turns.. how about.... no!

1. is it easy to drift?
2. are there basics that we must know?
3. can my AE85 Trueno drift?
Please don't drift around corners or public streets. I have been known to light 'em up once in a while making a turn from a stop on very wide streets with no one around, but its more of a squeal with a tad of oversteer, and then I kick the rear end back in. I would never try and drift on roads though.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
MasCrat
Junior Standardshifter

lol

Post by MasCrat »

Thanks!!
Albert - CMC
Oldladykiller
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Oldladykiller »

teh EVO in F&F was converted to RWD
drifting in an STI is retarded. if u want to break a car get a piece of shit car, being AWD is going to seriously break ur shit even more. drifting is like figure skating. if u really want to put your car to use, take it to a race track. drifting is only good for destorying your car. i think tokyo drift was pretty good for the most part. but why did they have a 40 year old play a 17 year old lol
Perpetuus
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW GTI Mk. V

Post by Perpetuus »

Some idiot in an Evolution 8 almost mowed me down once drifting at a right turn when I was trying to cross the street...one night in Europe.
GTI Mk5 6MT -| Dieselgeek | VF Engineering | O.Z. | Wavetrac | Forge | AWE | H&R | Öhlins | ITG
MasCrat
Junior Standardshifter

wow

Post by MasCrat »

Woooo, that's scary.
Albert - CMC
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

scion_xA wrote:Yeah, that was real and was done by Rhys Millen
Damn... I wanna learn how to do that...
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

What is this insane need to learn how to "drift" your cars? (I'm not targeting anyone in particular..just sort of an all encompassing question.) I mean, yes...I have respect for the professionals who do it, but how many drifters go pro? Probably less than as many stakeboarders go pro. In fact, I think of drifting as the "extreme skateboarding" of the automotive world: sometimes amazing to watch, but hard to take seriously.

This is the problem with TV and movies. You see Tony Hawk on TV, high up in the air doing some pretty amazing stuff, and you think to yourself "hey, I could do that." So you go out, and snap your arm on the first try. Then your leg. Then your wrist. Then, who knows... Only with drifting, you're not just going to hurt yourself. You're going to hurt your car, and quite possibly someone else.

And what real purpose does it serve? It's like a parlor trick. It's fun and cool to show it off, but in the end, it serves no real purpose. It's not used in racing because it is the slowest way to get around a corner, it's difficult to control, and it destroys tires at alarming rates. It's only ever used as exhibitions...and in my opinion, it looks really stupid.

Yeah, I'm a wet blanket. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
Tinton
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 91 MR2t, 88&86 Fieros

Post by Tinton »

Nychold wrote:What is this insane need to learn how to "drift" your cars? (I'm not targeting anyone in particular..just sort of an all encompassing question.) I mean, yes...I have respect for the professionals who do it, but how many drifters go pro? Probably less than as many stakeboarders go pro. In fact, I think of drifting as the "extreme skateboarding" of the automotive world: sometimes amazing to watch, but hard to take seriously.

This is the problem with TV and movies. You see Tony Hawk on TV, high up in the air doing some pretty amazing stuff, and you think to yourself "hey, I could do that." So you go out, and snap your arm on the first try. Then your leg. Then your wrist. Then, who knows... Only with drifting, you're not just going to hurt yourself. You're going to hurt your car, and quite possibly someone else.

And what real purpose does it serve? It's like a parlor trick. It's fun and cool to show it off, but in the end, it serves no real purpose. It's not used in racing because it is the slowest way to get around a corner, it's difficult to control, and it destroys tires at alarming rates. It's only ever used as exhibitions...and in my opinion, it looks really stupid.

Yeah, I'm a wet blanket. :lol:
I've partially drifted on a couple occasions. I say partially because its not a real good drift in a MR car with an open differential :lol: . I wouldn't say its the slowest way around a corner, when I've done it its helped me get the nose of the car pointing in the right direction if the car is understeering.

I don't intentionally do it though, it just happens. Going out trying to do it is just asking for an accident.
Sisrahtac
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Sisrahtac »

Drifting(as sport) is f**k gay