being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '90 300ZXTT 5MT

Post by eaglecatcher »

so does anyone on here still have a desire to learn to drift?

I just wan't to learn to do a powerslide or something, but defniitely not drift. Thats way too much money to get into, and stay into.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
HKS 65mm Hi-Power Exhaust
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
HKS Vein Pressure Converter
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

i would learn to drift if i had a RWD car. i'd just wait till i needed new tires anyway.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
Shaolin
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Shaolin »

eaglecatcher wrote:so does anyone on here still have a desire to learn to drift?

I just wan't to learn to do a powerslide or something, but defniitely not drift. Thats way too much money to get into, and stay into.
Yeah I've learnt to drift, it's not that expensive, you just use old tires for practising.
~ shaolin.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

yeah its not expensive in the beginning but once you get into it, you can kiss your salary goodbye ;) :twisted:
initialeclipseshift
Senior Standardshifter

Post by initialeclipseshift »

my brother and I got into it...hes pretty good...not as good as my dad though :shock: :lol:
Take it from 4th to 2nd and take the corner no problem ^_^
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

Shaolin wrote:
eaglecatcher wrote:so does anyone on here still have a desire to learn to drift?

Yeah I've learnt to drift, it's not that expensive, you just use old tires for practising.
yeah, its not that expensive, until you gotta buy new tires, new axles, differentials, and everything else. but other than that, its not like you have to pay to use tracks.

Disclaimer: I am in no way advocating drifting on public streets, just saying it is done, and it's a fact of life that people do it.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Shaolin
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Shaolin »

eaglecatcher wrote:
Shaolin wrote:

yeah, its not that expensive, until you gotta buy new tires, new axles, differentials, and everything else. but other than that, its not like you have to pay to use tracks.

Disclaimer: I am in no way advocating drifting on public streets, just saying it is done, and it's a fact of life that people do it.
You can get anti-torsion equipment so the "new axle" part isn't really an issue, need to overhall your LSD every now and then, and just use older tires, in NZ there's definatley no short of used-skyline tires for sale.

Noone in their right mind would "practise" drifting any where near...anything at all. Only the people who can't drift properly try that on public roads, thinking they're the sh1z for controlling a pathetic skid...They push themselves well past their skill levels in order to look 'cool' and these are the people that are ALWAYS crashing their cars.

People actually serious about it as a sport, laugh at those people.
~ shaolin.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

i think it would be awesome as a sport, definitely safer than conventional racing as you aren't traveling 100mph, but still dangerous if not done correctly.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
JRicoCTG
Senior Standardshifter

Post by JRicoCTG »

i just saw the movie myself....it was actually good. i like tokyo drift the most. and i like the first f&f second. the second one wasnt really street racing. its nice to see the stuff that we could never do though. street racing in L.A. or Tokyo. i bet they do it just like that in real life though.
There's No Rehab for Stupidity.

1994 Mazda MX-3
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

yeah, I'm one of the few people who like tokyo drift. I liked it so much, I bought it, and I haven't bought a movie in forever.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Shaolin
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Shaolin »

Even though it's a cr4p movie in terms of story etc etc the driving itself was very well done, and ALL of it is 100% real, no cg there.

The drift king himself did the majority of the stunts. They are all Americanised but tokyo drift was pretty bang on for the racing scene in tokyo for the late 90's. (the tokyo street racing scene hit its peak in roughly the mid 90's, drifting became bigger after the peak.)

The depiction of the police is quite true, in the street racing peak what exactly could the police do about a car with $300k under the hood wizzing past them at 250k+? It's not like in America where you can just write down the plates and crack out the helicopters, Tokyo was covered with 10 second cars, auto shops and places they can easily hide and get new plates etc. It's just not worth it there.
~ shaolin.
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

I wish it was like that here. that would be a blast, lol.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs
Gish
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Gish »

I rented this movie and am thinking about watching it tonight...

Should I??
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Yes.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
eaglecatcher
Master Standardshifter

Post by eaglecatcher »

its an excellent movie. Even if you don't like the movie, the driving is excellent.
Z1 Intake
Z1 2.5" Test pipes
AMS Short Shifter
SZ Subframe Spacers
DDM Tuning 6000k HIDs