being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Did you win or lose? Please drive safely!
Substance
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Substance »

Oh God.. im killing the first person who Drifts into me in on a public road..
New Siggy - Coming Soon :roll:
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Substance wrote:Oh God.. im killing the first person who Drifts into me in on a public road..
Ah yes... First fvcking stupid-ass punk kid who drifts into me at an intersection is going to find a whole new meaning in the words "Road Rage"... :twisted:
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
Nychold
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2007 Scion tC

Post by Nychold »

comingbackdown wrote:
Substance wrote:Oh God.. im killing the first person who Drifts into me in on a public road..
Ah yes... First fvcking stupid-ass punk kid who drifts into me at an intersection is going to find a whole new meaning in the words "Road Rage"... :twisted:
Me, I'd just get out, look at him and his car, and start laughing. And just keep laughing even as he tried to get my information. No violence, just total and utter humiliation. :lol:
Watercolor: I'm a grade A bone sucker!
Me: :shock: :) :D :twisted:
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Nychold wrote:
comingbackdown wrote:
Me, I'd just get out, look at him and his car, and start laughing. And just keep laughing even as he tried to get my information. No violence, just total and utter humiliation. :lol:
You have a point...

I'd be like "Does your insurance card say "Ricey McRice?"" (yes, bad joke... I know...)
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
zender05
Senior Standardshifter

Post by zender05 »

Nychold wrote:What is this insane need to learn how to "drift" your cars? (I'm not targeting anyone in particular..just sort of an all encompassing question.) I mean, yes...I have respect for the professionals who do it, but how many drifters go pro? Probably less than as many stakeboarders go pro. In fact, I think of drifting as the "extreme skateboarding" of the automotive world: sometimes amazing to watch, but hard to take seriously.

This is the problem with TV and movies. You see Tony Hawk on TV, high up in the air doing some pretty amazing stuff, and you think to yourself "hey, I could do that." So you go out, and snap your arm on the first try. Then your leg. Then your wrist. Then, who knows... Only with drifting, you're not just going to hurt yourself. You're going to hurt your car, and quite possibly someone else.

And what real purpose does it serve? It's like a parlor trick. It's fun and cool to show it off, but in the end, it serves no real purpose. It's not used in racing because it is the slowest way to get around a corner, it's difficult to control, and it destroys tires at alarming rates. It's only ever used as exhibitions...and in my opinion, it looks really stupid.

Yeah, I'm a wet blanket. :lol:
It doesn't serve a purpose. Drifting that's considered 'racing' is ridiculous, especially with the judging methods.

That being said...drifting is a lot of fun. :) That's why people do it. When I asked Tyler McQuarrie about why he does it, he said, "Bro, It makes me a lot of money and I'm definitely not going to get killed doing it." Most of the guys that do it in the US are very good road racers that don't have the finances or contacts to make it into professional European championships.
Eric B
Junior Standardshifter

Re: being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Post by Eric B »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eblaH5QU2Pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo

Action starts at 1:18 in the second vid.

Yes, you CAN drift with a Subie. But I imagine this guy has A LOT of practice :lol: One of my favorite car vids, though.
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Re: being 18+ owning a STi+seeing F&F:3= THE NEED TO DRIFT

Post by 4onthefloor »

Holy necropost Batman!!

How did you even find this? You must've been searching through all the threads for the past 6 hours.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230